The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So, how much you spending on gas per week? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I heard on the news this morning, that in less than two years gas prices will top $10 per gallon.

I'm spending in the area of $60.00 per week.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Company truck: $0.00
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Don't own a car.

$0.00

Of course, if Magic Santa were here, he'd tell me that my breakfast cost me some gas. But he's not here, so my answer is still $0.00.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
You do realize your breakfast cost you gas, don't you?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
$45 for my car. I told the wife I no longer wanted to know how much it was to fill her minivan after it hit the $80 mark three months ago.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 16:31, Justin Style wrote:
I heard on the news this morning, that in less than two years gas prices will top $10 per gallon.

I promise you, this will not happen.

I'm spending about $35-$40 currently...had a job change a few weeks ago that had the nice effect of bringing the office closer to the house.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
About $35 per week if I just use the car for work.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
About $100 per week: my commute averages around 700 miles per week.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
If you're trying to save money on gas, check out my Gas Math post. I have links that will show you the best gas prices in your area, and I even include a calculator that will help you determine whether going the extra distance for that less expensive gas will actually save you any money!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I quit driving. I am actually putting my truck up for sale and just car pooling everywhere or taking public transportation until I can get a car with better gas milage.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nothing.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
70 bucks a week... Dang SUV!

Lyndel
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Way too dang much!

My Jeep (a 1995 Grand Cherokee, 5.2 Liter, V-8, All-Time 4WD) thinks gas is FREE and drinks it like I drink Bourbon....

I've been looking at websites that sell Recumbant Trikes....These bikes are AWESOME and look very comfortable to ride....

Now, if I can just figure out a way to not be KILLED by all the tourists here who are looking at the sites and not the road, I'd be set....

I spent over 4 years of my life 'car-free' and rode standard bicycles everywhere I went....

I'm thinking it's high time to return to that life-style/mentality....

Viva le Pedals!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
When I'm doing shows I am spending waaaayyy more than this per week, but...I am also making a lot more per week as well.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
$50 on todays fill up. up $5 from last week.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Around $45 a week.

Like Justin & Professor Piper, I'm a fan of bicycling...but I would NEVER commute on a bike [yeah, I know, like I could carry a door hanging bench on a bike, but that's beside the point...]. Stupid, careless drivers are bad enough, but I've had too many near-misses on my bike where I was the target. What kind of motorist thinks it's funny to graze the biker with their mirror???!!!!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Last fill-up was 60 cents less than $50, from dead empty on my 6-cylinder Chevy Malibu. That's for two weeks.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I filed up todday for $45. Thankfully I work close to home and only fill up every couple of weeks.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So, how much you spending on gas per week? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL