The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Karmilovich no prop nightclub act (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Anyone know if this is still available?
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
No, it's not anymore
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Someone wants to sell his/her?
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
I would very much like to get a copy too. (I didn't when I had the chance!) Thank you for your help.

Tom
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
One popped up on ebay a while back, Its worth its weight in gold...very very good
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I just bought one 2nd hand. Waiting for it to arrive. Paid £35($70)for it. I suspect that's more than it's weight in gold. Smile

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I picked this up ages ago...

This thread made me pick it back up and re read it...

am I ever glad I did.

When I first read it I was in a much different place creativly...

pure gold...

J
xxx
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
More gold references Smile

Well Gold's about $27.4 a gram so I'll be quids in if it weighs more than 2.6 grams.

Neal Smile
Neal Austin

VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Looking forward to hearing what you thought of it neil Smile
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I have it, it's very good. It was a PEA Exclusive though, for members only.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
What's stopping you from developing your own no prop act? All the methods you'll ever need are out there, most likely in books you already own. There are no great secrets to be had.

By definition, this is the kind of act that you'll want to own, spiritually and creatively, because the only thing that's going to be on stage is, well, you.

Reading how ingeniously Ted K. accomplished this thinking exercise isn't half as interesting as sitting down and coming up with your own approach, unburdened by preconceptions.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Well said.
burst
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis, TN
308 Posts

Profile of burst
Well, not knowing what this act consists of, I would still like to read it so that I could learn from it. I like reading the thoughts and ideas of others, studying why they do something, how and why it must work, what would not work for me and why, etc.

It shortens my journey a bit by doing that. I hope most people are only using the manuscript as a springboard for their own prop free act.

While I love reading about acts like this, and even writing my own (more as an exercise than something to be used anytime soon -I have too much to learn before I perform such a thing), I like using props. I like being able to hand a participant something to keep. Even if it's just a scrap of paper. It makes me try to make all of my presentations as memorable as possible.

Once I learn from enough from that, then I'll move onto attempting a prop free act.

/paul.f
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Its a wonderful routine that is highly personal, so I think only Ted K. can really perform it greatly. Sometimes it comes up on Ebay but the looks then suggest that these are not originals but only copies! Sad thing.

Too good to be spread. But no, Its a great read but you have to develop your own things.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 16:51, Malchat wrote:
What's stopping you from developing your own no prop act? All the methods you'll ever need are out there, most likely in books you already own. There are no great secrets to be had.

By definition, this is the kind of act that you'll want to own, spiritually and creatively, because the only thing that's going to be on stage is, well, you.

Reading how ingeniously Ted K. accomplished this thinking exercise isn't half as interesting as sitting down and coming up with your own approach, unburdened by preconceptions.

Nothing is stopping anyone from developing their own no prop act. Reading something and aquiring knowledge doesn't make you a slave to it. Why should reading other peoples ideas, approaches and methodology result in burdensome preconceptions? If that was so why bother reading anything on any subject. I happen to think that there's very few occassions where knowledge is anything other than a good thing.

Neal
Neal Austin

Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I'm just pointing out that the building blocks for a propless act are already out there, you may already know them, and working them into an act of your own is easier than finding a PEA-only manuscript and distilling an act out of that. 'The hard way is really the easy way' and all that.

But hey, don't mind me - good luck on eBay.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 12:45, Malchat wrote:
I'm just pointing out that the building blocks for a propless act are already out there, you may already know them, and working them into an act of your own is easier than finding a PEA-only manuscript and distilling an act out of that. 'The hard way is really the easy way' and all that.

Absolutely right. There are a ton of things out there already to make your propless act. As a matter of fact, if you search under "no prop mentalism" or propless mentalism or impromptu mentalism, you are bound to find a load of effects to do.

Here... I'll do some of your work for you:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

And there's a lot more in the Café. It's as simple as doing a search. I wish I had this at my disposal when I was starting out... yet it doesn't seem to be used often here.

Oh, and if you want a propless act that has been published then check out TRIO by Jack Tillar. It contains three complete acts and the first one is propless. I'm sure there's some crossover in the one that Ted K put out.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Ted truly is a master at no-prop mentalism. His lectures are worth every penny. His thinking is along the lines of Annemann and such. When you see him perform he looks truly psychic. Now Ted send me my free book for the advertisment. ;0)
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 12:45, Malchat wrote:

I do take the point you are making... but there seems to be a built in assumption in your posts that purchasing this booklet is somehow going to be detremental and going to lead to an act being 'distilled' from it and it alone. For all I know I might decide the contents of the manuscript to be utter crap in which case I'll distill something completely different from it.

I suspect more than distilling an act there is in your post(s) the 'between-the-lines' suggestion that anyone getting this manuscript is doing so as some kind of misguided short cut for getting to a position of being able to go out and give a performance.

That's a sound warning of an erroneous approach and poor thinking and one that is much better stated overtly.

The building blocks, and indeed foundations and structures, that one aquires, form, and finally creates come from gaining insight and knowledge and applying it, altering it, or maybe ignoring it and doing something completely different. It depends upon what suits and is effective for the performer. For me purchasing this manuscript is just part one very small part of that overall process. A process involving a lot of thinking, and a mountain of reading materials. (which will now include the threads that Greg mentioned)

Neal.
Neal Austin

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Karmilovich no prop nightclub act (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL