The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Collectors Edition by Mark Mason (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WesRay
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of WesRay
Saw the demo for this effect over at JBTV and think it looks pretty great. Anybody have a review of it? Anyone own it and have any thoughts on it?

The description says that the special made gimmick does all the work. Are there any additional sleights involved, and if so, to what degree?

Any info/reviews would be appreciated and welcome.
Allan Bright
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Allan Bright
Which item are you talking about, can't see anything named like this.
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
This is the linkon JBTV's website:
https://vault2.secured-url.com/jbtv/description.asp?id=109

Effect Description:
"The four aces are removed from any deck, they are placed on a glass or a table. Any 3 cards are selected, signed and returned to the deck. The four aces are picked up and placed face up on the top of the deck. Without ANY moves the cards are spread there are now 3 face down cards trapped in between the face up aces. This looks amazing it is so fair and clean. The cards trapped really are the 3 signed cards no switching etc. The 3 selections are removed and the aces are passed out for examination."

I bought this trick about 2 years ago. A tenner sounds cheap, but unfortunately I have to say I hate this trick and do not recommend it at all! Save your money to buy some effect/dvd that teaches you more. For this trick, you just get A4 pages of instruction and some gimmick cards. There's some angle issues as well that you need to take into consideration. This trick is a very old effect released by JBTV, if you want something from JBTV, I would rather recommend some newer effects, e.g. Hole Sensation. I highly recommend Hole Sensation (by Ian Moran) from JBTV, it comes with fine crafted gimmick and DVD instructions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Collectors Edition by Mark Mason (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL