The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mark Wilson's Who's There (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Okay, let me try again. Here is one...

Click here to view attached image.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
It worked. The problem was an apostrophe. I named the picture Who's There, and the Café doesn't like apostrophies. Okay, here is picture two...

Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
And here is pic three. By the way, ignore the messy garage...

Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Nice work. And don't worry about your "messy" garage- it's much cleaner than mine!

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Tony,
It looks great... thanks for sharing your work. What else have you built; I have seen your Square Circle. Lets us know how it works in the field. I have never seen this performed.
Your garage also looks great, like you are a real working man.
Thanks,
Bruce
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks for the encouragement. The square circle works great. I have used it quite a bit. I like that I can reveal things from it in two different ways. One - I open the square up and pull the tubes off for the reveal. The Other - I keep it all closed and just pull stuff out of the top. If I am going for quantity, I keep it closed. If I am going for more of a significant meaningful reveal, I open it up.

Other things I have built -
I have built a sub trunk. It looks awesome. Packs almost flat, but I have only used it one time, successfully by the way. Kind of large for most of my shows.

I have also built a chair suspension. It works good as well.

I'll post pics of these other things on another thread one day. I will wait until I have need to pull them out of storage.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
Looks great tony, nice job.
bob
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The colorful curtain is a nice touch because it gives the audience something to look at and they become misdirected. Had it been monochromatic the audience may contemplate the parts.

I like to make the audience believe that I'm helping them when in fact I'm helping myself. So I would place a table up-stage with a wand on it. Open the door, pat my coat as if looking for something, open the curtain, notice the wand, walk through the door and get the wand, walk through or around to the front, use the wand to make a big rectangle in the doorway. Close the curtain, Place the wand in you pocket, close the door........ and the rest is history.

This way you can patter or perform this to music only.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Hey Jay -
Thanks for the ideas and encouragement. I agree about the curtain color. I'm glad you like the overall look. Your thread about seeing props from the audiences perspective has really made me slow down and consider if my props were cutting the mustard. I'm glad you like the look. Now of course, I just need to get it performance ready in functionality...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
No offense to you at all the build looks great

Upon reading this I couldn't help but think the method would be obvious in a laymans eyes.

What kind of reactions are you getting with this?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
That's a great looking prop! I really like the color scheme.
Magic Kevin
View Profile
New user
Maryland - United States
77 Posts

Profile of Magic Kevin
Great job! I was also thinking of building this one. I just have a question, is there a reason you made the door so thin?
Kevin Smile
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Very nice looking prop. Hope you get a lot of miles out of it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Hey MagicKAmazinG - I didn't really make the door. It is just a door. A preframed interior door like you get at Lowes. A fried was moving and wanted to get rid of it. So, I turned it into a magic trick.

Thanks for the encouragement Father Photius. I'm so embarrassed that I haven't got the thing performance ready yet. It has been sitting in my garage for a year. I'm going to get on it though. It needs 30" Traverse Rod, and I am going to change out the base. I have a larger one ready to go, but I just haven't done the job yet.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I think I might want to build one of these, thanks for posting your photos.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Workman ship looks good. I do have a suggestion however. The base should not be off centered. Of course, we know why you did that. However, if you need that space on the left you should have a similar space on the right. Otherwise, it tips the method.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mark Wilson's Who's There (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL