The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best routine in print for Twisting the Aces? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 11:39, RogueMD wrote:
Lawrence-

Consider adding Bill Goodwin's "Twisting the Kings" routine from "Reflections" DVD.
A very nice version I might add!

Michael

Naturally I will do it. Thanks for the reference.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
I will have to vote for Bill Goodwin's Twisting the Kings..
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Bill Goodwin's version is also my favorite. You can see a bit of it here. It starts at 00:35 on the Youtube video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZByWOwZ......mbedded#
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Dai`s version is still best IMHO because regular cards are used. Nothing real fancy but at least it`s impromptu.

For a packet trick I still like "Done With Mirrors". Gives an explanation? of how we do our tricks.

Have fun,
John
Nothing is better than more.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I usually use the Dai Vernon handling with my own presentation which totally justifies the opening setup and all the moves within the routine, then finish with the last card turning over within the card box as suggested in Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
I personally like Wayne Houchin. This is probably because that is the first version of twisting the aces that I actually learned.
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
"I will tell all why I love this post. It was phrased CORRECTLY. How many times have we seen this: "What is the best (insert effect name here) in print?" or, even WORSE: "What version of (insert effect name here) should I use in my act"? ACK!!!!!!"

thank god someone finally made this trenchant point
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
My favourite of all time is "King thing" by Gary Kurtz
Practicing is like a bank, if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I really enjoy seeing Magicians offer their take on Twisting the Aces. Some very creative versions have come out.

But for me, the Dai Vernon original routine I learned in the 1960's from the Ganson book, is stunning piece of card magic.

I always offer to explain how it works and do Doc Daley's Last trick. It probably makes no sense, but I've got the aces out, so.....
Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 02:02, Zombie Magic wrote:
I really enjoy seeing Magicians offer their take on Twisting the Aces. Some very creative versions have come out.

But for me, the Dai Vernon original routine I learned in the 1960's from the Ganson book, is stunning piece of card magic.

I always offer to explain how it works and do Doc Daley's Last trick. It probably makes no sense, but I've got the aces out, so.....

Hah! I do exactly same thing as you do!
Heart full of Rock 'n' Roll and Magic.

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.kervinen.1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best routine in print for Twisting the Aces? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL