The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Joshua Jay Pro Carrier ::Review:: (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
-this is a review I wrote up a while ago and posted on a couple of places... thought I would share it here as well.-

**A lot of Pictures are on linked text, click on them to see a picture of the description. I would have liked to have as many pictures visible on the thread as possible but there is a limit**

Joshua Jay Pro Carrier
Price: $20

Description on Joshua Jay's Website:
Quote:
Simply put, this is the nicest pocket props case available to close-up workers. Used by many top names in magic, the Pro Carrier is also used by thousands of magicians worldwide. It is also Joshua's best-selling item, and for good reason: the Pro Carrier is a small case (it’s nearly indistinguishable from some of the leather cell phone and PDA holsters you see every day) that can fit into your pocket or be worn on your belt. It is made of high-quality black leather. It has a slot for a deck of cards, two slots for extra or gimmicked cards, a window for packet tricks, a window for business cards, and a coin purse with a zipper. When closed or worn on the belt, the business card window faces out. Use it to keep a mini-show’s worth of essentials handy for impromptu magic … to keep your “practice props” within reach of your DVDs or at chair-side … to contain your close-up basics in one place in your brief bag or carry-on while traveling … or as an integral part of your load set-up for performances. Priced unbelievably low for its quality, the Pro Carrier is an amazing value.
Review

I have had this product for a while now and find it very useful. It has a lot of space to hold several props along with you, if your doing walk around, close up, or just going out with some friends and just want to bring your props without filling your pockets. so I'll start with a basic description.

The Pro Carrier is as long as a deck of cards and is as thick as about 2 decks of cards stacked together. It has 2 belt loops on the back of the Carrier so that you can pass your belt through them and carry it at your waist. As the advertisement said, its about the same as carrying a cell phone there. the loops allow you to slide the carrier towards your back and out of the way if you need, and when you need to take out or put back a prop you can simply slide the carrier back to a position that is comfortable to you.

It has several compartments to keep your props, as can be seen HERE. It has one compartment toward the front of the carrier where you can put small tools like a gaff for Paperclipped or some cards for a packet trick. The Second compartment is a Zippered bag to hold your regular and gaff coins. The third compartment is the same as the first.

As you can see in other images the final compartment is a holder for a single deck of cards. This compartment easily fits a deck of cards inside of a Joe Porper Card Clip (other shot). The small window on the inside part of the flap can fit up to 6 poker sized playing cards with out snagging or being too tight of a fit and making it difficult to remove them(other shot).

All my props in the Carrier

(Sharpie, half dollars, shell, Chinese coin, F. Quarter, rubber bands, deck or cards, prop for Paperclipped, extra clips, gaffs, bills for twisted)

The configuration I have inside of my Carrier is as follows:

I've taken my coins and split them in groups of 3, putting each group in a small binder clip which has been covered in electrical tape to keep the coins from talking when they get removed from the clip. I place these in the zippered bag. I take the smaller items in the plastic containers and slide them on one side of the zippered bag. I take the extra paper clips and link them on a single clip, I then take that clip and place it on the side of the carrier (other shot) to have them available and it keeps me from digging around trying to find them. The rubber bands I put around the flap of the carrier in groups of 2 or 3 (inside shot). I usually slip the Sharpie on the flap of the carrier (inside shot), so when the flap is closed the carrier would look like this ( other side, back)

Overall I love this carrier, its very handy for carrying all your props instead of having them take up space in your pockets. At $20 USD I find it very reasonable. I would have to give this a 10/10

I would like for this carrier to have a Belt Clip as well as Belt Loops, there for making it a lot easier to put on and remove the Carrier from your waist, but its not a big deal.
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I like it apart from having a picture of Joshua in the window. Can I change this if I want to?
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
Yeah that's just an insert. if you look at the other picture you can see that I put a joker on that window.
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 14:17, k13pt0maniac wrote:
Yeah that's just an insert. if you look at the other picture you can see that I put a joker on that window.

If I could do what you did in that review, that would mean I was allot smarter than I am and would be a happier, wealthier person.

EXCELLENT JOB!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Exactly...fantastic job with your review! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mark. Smile
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
My only problem with the carrier is that I've had problems with the leather wearing out and tearing, especially the belt loops. I've gone through 2 of them so I'm finished with them. I had a similar problem with Jay Sankey's pouch - the bottom lining wore out.

I received a High Caliber Holster (Ricochet model) for my birthday 2 weeks ago and love it so far. I had picked up Frank's Stroller's Pouch which I also really like - easy to put on/take off.

jeff in san diego
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Bernoulli
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Bernoulli
Wonderful review! I have the Pro Carrier as well as Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch. I easily prefer to use the Pro Carrier for when I'm dressed nicely but as for everyday walk around, I believe the Assassin's Pouch has more space to carry my items and the carribeaner that it uses is easier to fit with my lifestyle. The Pro Carrier is a fantastic item that regardless if you use it everyday, every magician magician should at least consider purchasing it.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Great review thanks
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
There are individuals that now matter how well the product is made, they will tear, rip or the leather will wear out on them. I don't believe this is a defect in product materials, its just how the person wearing/using them are handling them and taking care of them. I see it a lot with genuine leather cell phone cases as well. Mine lasts for years and someone else has to change theirs 2 or 3 times in a year.Just an observation. Great review and excellent photos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Joshua Jay Pro Carrier ::Review:: (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL