The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Letterman Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
During last week's week-long "Magicians Week"...Dean Gunnarson's photo was shown along with a "spoof" commentary.

Dean was unaware of it, so it's interesting they can apparently use anyone's name & likeness for a gag on national TV without prior permission.

Considering the nature of the spoof, I guess any publicity is better than no publicity!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Satire and news are - usually - exempt from copyright laws.
GUNNARSON
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of GUNNARSON
I was traveling and had shows so I missed the show. Thanks to Joe Fox for letting me know.( Joe doesn't miss anything !!!)

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/wa......08.phtml

"Magician's Week continues here at the Late Show and to celebrate that we have another installment of "Great Moments in Magic."

"Escape artist Dean Gunnarson spent his whole life freeing himself from strait jackets. That's why it was so ironic when the one strait jacket he couldn't get out of was the one mental health professionals put him in after his wife found him talking to his underpants. This has been 'Great Moments in Magic.'"

I have made countless news programs and been on hundreds of various TV shows around the globe over the years, but to be part of a comedy "spoof" by a Legendary Show like David Letterman's out of the blue like that transcends many things. They did 3 " Great Moments in Magic" last week. One on Houdini, One on Kellar, and then me…… WOW . I am still shocked. It was seen by millions of people and I didn't have to do anything……..

Plus, if you think of all performers who perform the St. Jacket escape from David Copperfield, Lance Burton, Criss Angel, numerous so called record holders, and hundreds of others around the world it is even more amazing why they choose me… I am more then honored to made fun of by David Letterman. Next time I am in New York I will have to take Dave out for Pizza and Dr. Peppers…. Please feel free to " Spoof" me as much as you like….

I just want to know one thing…. How did Dave know I talked to my underpants ????
Sorry, I have to run… My underpants are calling me…………………
Always escaping,
Dean Gunnarson
http://www.DEANGUNNARSON.com
"Nothing Is Impossible, If You Truly Believe!"

www.alwaysescaping.com
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Mr. Gunnarson,
It's nice to see that you found the hummor in it. A few people I spoke too seemed to think you'd be mad and bent out of shape over the whole thing. Frankly I thought it was very funny. It's refreshing to find a professional who doesn't take himself so seriously all the time and can enjoy a laugh at himself once in a while.

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Morgan why would he be upset ......

ckearly he has his pants to console him!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Dean, talk about free publicity. You lucky dog. That's great! I agree with you, Letterman is free to spoof me anytime he wants! I hope your phone starts ringing off the hook for more bookings. Maybe you can get Oprah to spoof you too...

Have to go now, I'm writting letters to Leno and Ellen giving them permission to spoof me.

Congrats Dean!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
SO you want Oprah to do dean? Smile

No way move over Dean let somone else get mocked ......... I guess I have had all my mocking on here ?? Smile

I am so glad that Dean has taken it well and actually enjoyed it! I think I would have been happy as well. Some may have been annoyed about it!

Anyone got ithis on "tape"? I would love to see it.

Dave
GUNNARSON
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of GUNNARSON
Sorry I never got around to posting a link to this clip earlier;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZRgyepJ......nel_page

I got to run my underpants are calling me .........

www.alwaysescaping.com
1200handcuffs
View Profile
Regular user
USA
107 Posts

Profile of 1200handcuffs
I would rather see you at the Cannons Escape Convention than see your underpants.
Stan Willis
Stan Willis
http://www.handcuffs.us.com
Guinness World Records Handcuff Collection
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
He wasn't wearing pants in my room at the convention........(should I follow American tradition and type, Just kidding) or would everyone know I was having a laugh????
GUNNARSON
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of GUNNARSON
Ian I rememebr seeing you in a pair of shinny gold tight shorts ....

I wonder what they would say if they could talk ???????

Maybe they could tell us where you hid your keys ????
hahahhahah

www.alwaysescaping.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Letterman Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL