The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » DOVES TO WHATEVER (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
People,

I am about to get a blammo made locally by some wood guy. What size perch should I get for 6 doves. Is it 3 inches per bird plus something?

G0THIKE
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hi g0thike - The perch depends on how much room you want for the birds. The more room you have, the easier it is to place the birds in without fumbling some (sometimes birds will lift a wing when another is placed next to it and they get stuck) Mainly about 2 1/2" - 3" per bird unless you have larger doves. All would depend on your doves. Although, you could make it a double perch (sort of like a choir riser) and have 3 per perch instead of having one long perch. This would also decrease the width of the Blammo.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Alpha,

3 inches is what I was thinking about. I like the double perch idea. I presently have a Owen's Doves To Rabbit. I only feel save using it with less than 4 doves. I just don't want my doves wings to break.

Does anyone have a double perch? Experience?

G0THIKE
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My vote is against the double perch idea unless when they are dropped flat they are more than twice the length of a dove apart. Otherwise odds are very good of having a perch resting on top of a dove's neck. A flopping dove trying to free himself will not improve the show.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Yes, Bob, very true. If, however, the perches are slanted one behind the other with enough space between the two, and drop flat, then it would work. A little engineering with the position of the perches, the T**p, and the floor connection can accomplish this. Its all in how they are connected. But you are totally correct. They shouldn't be anywhere near on top of each other.
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
Remember about the tail feathers too. In my 6 Dove Cage Vanish and my Doves to Rabbit there is only enough room for the doves head to tail AND for their wings. I see some discussion about width, but please remember that when doves are "flat" they can be long and should not be stacked on top of each others tails...

Peace.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » DOVES TO WHATEVER (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL