The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which Illusions to build? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_man_kirk
View Profile
New user
Midway, TN
14 Posts

Profile of magic_man_kirk
I have been doing parlour type shows for six years and I am interested in bulking my show up with a few illusions. Which illusions would be the easiest and cheapest to build, and where do you recommend getting the plans? Thanks for your help.
God Bless
Jonathan Kirk
Messiah's Magic Ministry
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
There are many, many threads on the subject if you use the search function.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I am a sub trunk guy myself. I think it looks great and is pretty easy to build. Here is the one I built a couple months ago. I think I have about $120 in it total.

Click here to view attached image.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Go with Arabian Tent, Victory Cartons, etc. Very cheap, easy to build, easy to transport and still play well.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
magic_man_kirk
View Profile
New user
Midway, TN
14 Posts

Thank you very much.
God Bless
Jonathan Kirk
Messiah's Magic Ministry
mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
I agree with the above posts. Also, I would add mummy wrapping. If you have the right stage setup, combining the mummy wrapping with Victory Cartons could give you a pretty cool transporting effect.

Some of Andrew Mayne's book will give you some pretty good ideas, as well.

Mike Engstrom
mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
Also, Paul Osborne's "Easy Build Illusions" book.
Mike
magic_man_kirk
View Profile
New user
Midway, TN
14 Posts

I like Andrew Mayne I recently built Specter Cabinet. I love the effect I am just limited in where I can use it because of the lighting needed. My show travels to a lot of different stages (and non-stages) Which of these Illusions would be that versatile?
God Bless
Jonathan Kirk
Messiah's Magic Ministry
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
If this thread stays up long enough, eventually someone will mention this, so I might as well start it off.

What you do on stage depends on who you are on stage: your character and your persona. Figure out you character first (even if your character is you), and why that character is doing magic, and then figure out what your character would do. Otherwise you're just another guy demonstrating gadgets.

There have been several threads on this, and some were very good. A search will help, or maybe someone else has them bookmarked and can chip in.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which Illusions to build? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL