The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Cyclopedia vs. Complete Course??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
I posted a little about this in my "Trip to the Magic Shop" thread, but wanted some specific, expert knowledge here.

Does Mark Wilson's "Cyclopedia of Magic" contain the identical information as his "Complete Course in Magic"?

The shopkeeper I visited said yes, but many were recommending the Complete Course over the Cyclopedia. Since I have the cyclo, I don't want to buy the complete course if I don't need it. Many thanks!!!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
The Cyclopedia of Magic book is a stripped down version of the Complete Course In Magic book. Everything in Cyclopedia is also in the Complete Course. The difference is that the Complete Course has twice the magic in it and it is larger, easier to read and will lay flat while studying it.

For the extra $10 in cost, I'd not hesitate to get the Complete Course. I have both and use the smaller, Cyclopedia for traveling since it doesn't take up much space.

Mark.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Thank you kind sir. That's EXACTLY what I wanted to know. I think the Cyclopedia will remain in my glovebox (for when I drive my wife to the grocery & the like) and the Complete Course will stay in my house. Smile Thanks SOOOOOO MUCH!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You're welcome. I think you'll enjoy having both.

Mark. Smile
Jagged Steel
View Profile
New user
Ellusionist.com
19 Posts

Profile of Jagged Steel
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 22:00, whitjm5 wrote:
I think the Cyclopedia will remain in my glovebox (for when I drive my wife to the grocery & the like) and the Complete Course will stay in my house.

Great News: Complete Course also comes in a pocket-sized edition as well, so you can keep IT in the glovebox - as it does contain a wealth of information, and is conveniently categorized. It's exactly the same content as Complete Course - but without the unwieldy size. Smile

That said; you'll be just as pleased with either edition. Sorry if I complicated matters.
- He who rolls up his sleeves, seldom loses his shirt -
*** jake [at] ellusionist.com ***
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Not at all, jagged. I'll probably go with the larger size though. Seems a bit easier to read. I was reading the Cyclopedia while waiting for an appt. the other day and it made my eyes tired pretty quickly... Thanks for the tip! Smile
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Not true, the larger version has at least one difference from the smaller pocket sized cyclopedia. It has a very long and well thought out, detailed rountine with billiard balls. Quite fastinating if you ask me.
tomthemagicman
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tomthemagicman
I have used the billiard ball routine in the book. I used multiplying sponge balls but the idea was the same. It was in my first talent show ever. It was a big hit. everyone was talking about it the next day...
tomthemagicman
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tomthemagicman
I have used the billiard ball routine in the book. I used multiplying sponge balls but the idea was the same. It was in my first talent show ever. It was a big hit. everyone was talking about it the next day...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Cyclopedia vs. Complete Course??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL