The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ambitious Card Routine Move (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rmccor
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of rmccor
Hi,

I'm fairly new to magic and am trying to learn some moves for the Ambitious card routine. I already have some basic moves, but there's one other that I would like to include. I saw it on a David Blaine video where he cuts the deck, places the chosen card onto the top of the bottom stack, inserts the card into the middle of the top stack, inserts the entire top stack into the middle of the bottom stack. The chosen card ends up being in the second from top position. Could anyone tell me what this move is called and/or refer me to a book or video that includes it. Thanks.
levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of levitate
I think you are talking about a Tilt. Marlo's Tilt move is basically a depth perception illusion. Blaine did kind of an interesting verion of it.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
It's not a tilt. I don't know the exact name of the move, but I do know what you're talking about. The best place to learn it from is probably Daryl's Ambitious Card video which explains the move you speak of as well as just about everything else you'll ever need to know about doing a really good Ambitious Card routine. Hope that helps.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Buy Daryl's Ambitious Card video, besides the basic move for this routine, he also teaches you many useful and beautiful sleights.

best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
This is also included in Ninja 1, I use it in my routine.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
This move is a Secret Addition of cards, though I cannot recall the originator of this sleight. Very deceptive...
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
IF you don't want to buy one routine only, try Ammar's ETMCM vol.2, the ambitious card is included as well as nine good tricks.

best,
Hirase Smile
In love with magic!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
That's a great move. Although the way I've seen Blaine utilize it is different from the way you described. I've seen Blaine slip the top card onto the top of the bottom half. He then holds it outjogged on the bottom of the top half. He then places the top half (with outjogged card on bottom) into the bottom half. Although that sounds confusing, I think it's easier to follow than the standard - put card into the middle of the top and put top half into the middle of the bottom half. The move is a type of top change. I think it might be called "for the unambitious." It's on Daryl's video as well as Ammars.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
I do the way Blaine does..the technique can be learned at ETMCM 2 by Ammar. Smile

I use it VERY often..even if I don't do the Ambitous.
Jonatan Bank
Gr8neSS
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
53 Posts

Profile of Gr8neSS
I'm glad someone brought this move up.... does anyone else have the problem of occasionally miscounting the number of cards put on top of the ambitious card?

Brandon
rmccor
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of rmccor
Thanks, everyone. It seems that my two best bets are Daryl's video and Easy to Master Card Miracles #2 (I thought I'd spell it out for those who didn't know what ETMCM 2 was, including myself until I searched the internet). Any chance I could get a few more opinions as to which one would be more valuable?
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
It depends. Both are valuable. ETMCM 2 has an Ambitious Card routine and several other great tricks. Daryl's video covers only the Ambitious Card but it covers much more about this one effect than any other resource. You'll learn valuable sleights from both videos as well as (and this is the most important thing as you'll discover as you progress in magic) lessons in strong presentation. All we can really do is give you the information and let you make what you feel is the best decision for you. Hope this helps. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
If he appears to slide the top card into the middle of the deck after he cuts it, I think it is Jerry Sadowitz's Miracle Move. Hope that helps... Smile
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
ronin77
View Profile
New user
NYC
46 Posts

Profile of ronin77
I learned the Ambitious Card routine from Lorayne's Close-up Card Magic. In addition to the AC, there's a lot of great card effects. I highly recommend this book -- it's a classic!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The move is Jack Merlin's Tip-Over Change, and is in fact explained in both the Daryl book and the Ammar video. If you're only going to get one, I would recommend the Ammar video as it includes many other great effects besides the AC.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ambitious Card Routine Move (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL