The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing and vanishing canes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ghageman
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ghageman
Hi everyone

Basically I am after a cane that appears and vanishes all in one?? DO they exist and where can I get one from?

THanks.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Ummmm....I think you're looking for the Holy Grail!

With some manipulation it would seem you could simulate what you are looking for with an appearing or vanishing cane, but to my knowledge an all-in-one cane does not exist.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

I think so. I think there is no cane as you said. Fantasio have great canes. I think you can check them.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
That is the Holy grail..I think...No they do not exist.Sorry.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Stanyon hinted at something which I would like to back up. I saw Neil Foster do both with a single cane. At the time, I had two friends who were Chavez students under him, and they said that it was an appearing cane with particular idosyncrasies that allowed it to be "vanished" very quickly. In doing so, it did not operate like a typical vanishing cane, but could be made to apparently vanish quickly (actually, I think he changed it to a silk, and back to a cane).

That being said, I cannot prove this, as I never saw the actual cane other than in the performance, nor did Neil ever verify that fact directly to me... and I certainly did not ask him.

However, I have had appearing candles (Fantasio) that would do the same thing, so I tend to believe the story I was told very well may be true.

Not every appearing candle that I have owned would do this, but a couple out of a dozen or so that I owned would. It may be that you'd just have to get lucky enough to find the right cane, and that may not be something that you could do easily.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mikeybionic
View Profile
New user
san francisco
31 Posts

Profile of mikeybionic
On the converse of what mr. baker said, one could theoretically appear a vanishing cane with a silk (a common practice with candles). from there, could use the one-handed vanishing method found on the fantasio lecture video#3, or with a bit of double sided tape or a challenger gimmick, handle the cane normally and vanish it at will.
regardless of your choice of an appearing or vanishing cane, you will definitely want to go with PLASTIC, not metal.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Neil Foster just used an appearing cane. The only way you can make it vanish is by compressing it between your hands. When done quickly it looks like the cane changed to a silk.

This can only be done with a high quality metal cane!
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Mahka Tendo has appearing cane which you can compress between your hands. But need bit practice to do it smoothly.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I think effect is best using Fantasio Appearing and Disappearing Canes with silks because tt puts more color for the audience. I would be easier to perform that way without the spectators burning your hands.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
The Cane(s) are you looking for... they don't exist by Far.
But you could get Fantasio appearing and vanishing canes.
Then everything is depends on your routine and imagination Smile

Good Luck
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
They exist I have three of them.Neil Foster showed me how to make it..Cordially,Howard
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Graywolf, do you care to share some of your insight? it sounds like a really cool idea. thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing and vanishing canes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL