The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lester Lake (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
http://www.nightmarefactory.com/LA391.jpg

I am going to be getting a head chopper soon and am interested in this one. I have seen a video of it on online. Robbins is the distributer.

How is the quality of this one?
-Matt
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
I wouldn't call this type a Lester Lake. The blade doesn't extend beyond the frame.

Jack
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
How is the quality of it? Is it good for the price? I have seen it for $450.
-Matt
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Made in India and imported to the U.S.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Actually, the original Lester Lake did not have the blades extended.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
That's good old Philip Morris modeling the Chopper. Of course you get what you pay for and if there is something that you really have your eye on, save up for it.

The Chopper has always been a great mini illusion. If you want to keep things even more practical yet, place an audience member in peril .. check out the Abbott's Sword Thru Neck. I still love this simple effect and the kids just eat it up.

Steve
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 19:10, Matthew W wrote:
http://www.nightmarefactory.com/LA391.jpg

I am going to be getting a head chopper soon and am interested in this one. I have seen a video of it on online. Robbins is the distributer.

How is the quality of this one?

I have this particular model. Whilst it doesn't have the extending blade, its worked fine for me for the past few years. There are a few design flaws however which you have to be wary of. I made a few alterations to mine after a couple of incidents (nothing dangerous, just a certain thing slipped because another part wasn't set right). PM me if you want more details. By the way, the 'flightcase' it comes with is a grey corrugated plastic box which I replaced with a custom ATA.

Mark

Mark
Mark Daniel
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
A good Lester Lake head chopper is expensive and worth every penny. Don't waste your money on this one. Save and get the real thing.
Lester Lake developed many versions of the head chopper. Some with an extended blade and some without. I think the extended blade version is the best of what he created.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I have owned 4 head choppers and the one you ask of was the second one. It fell apart on stage and the guts fell out laying there in a heap. This happened twice. Very awkward so I sold it.

Now I own an amazing Lester Lake that was sold by Chalet 20 some years ago. George did not make it but a friend of his that was a metal smith did. It has seen thousands of shows and still works perfect. It has never let me down. You do get what you pay for.

Will

p.s. does anyone else own a Chalet Head Chopper? It is a bulky looking thing on wheels with brass hasps and wood cogs that keep them closed. The blade looks like a sword.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lester Lake (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL