The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magic Bingo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-05-29 13:06, Dynamike wrote:
We were discussing it earlier: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Nothing there about it not working.

J
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I meant the item itself.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I checked my cards kg2magic. They all work, Yes a few go thru the FREE square making 5 but that's how bingo works.

J
kg2magic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of kg2magic
Ok I see this is pretty futile.
card # 7 winning numbers 8,24,37,54,71. Number 8 is not on any win sheet I have ever read in any book or description, and therefore this card is impossible to win in my set of Mark Wilson cards. Since these are mass produced, how can it be that no one else has the same issue???????

If you tell people they need 5 in a row, why would you automatically assume they will think they are a winner?

I can tell you from experience of watching someone do this they do not. a percentage of the room jumps up and the bewildered people sitting down say something and then stand up and join in.

But to my mind at that point in time it's too late.

Professional don't take chances like this. But feel free to confuse your audiences and miss out on truly great ovations. your choice.

More importantly as Timothy points out Every set in Corporate presentations work.
There are 10 layouts that are fine and another 6 that use the free square which you print yourself so, you can decide if you want to use the free square and waste time trying to describe what to do with the free square or simply add in a number before you print them and then everything is perfect and you have 16 working layouts.

But I see that next time when people ask why they don't work and then and only then bother to check their cards, and then formulate a theory based on what they think instead of what actually happens in the real world, I guess I'll just leave it alone and let you find out th hard way if your set is right or not.

Boy do I hope you don't have a guarantee on your performance.
kg2magic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of kg2magic
Sorry that should read:
If you tell people they need 5 in a row, why would you automatically assume they will think they are a winner when they only have 4 squares crossed off?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Couple of points...
Really, It doesn't take long to explain about the free square.
I've also at times used the "free" square space for their company logo.

I have the full set already set up in a publishing program
and it's very quick to add Company Name, slogan etc to the cards.

I also don't bother with the 5 letter word across the top.
Our Bingo cards don't have this anyway, so I eliminate, leaving
more options for the Slogan / Branding.
kg2magic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of kg2magic
Hi Timothy
Nice to hear your input.
I found it easier, simpler and less confusing on an audience to fill in the number in the middle and use the top for a logo etc. This eliminates all ambiguity.

Like you I have my set in desktop publishing which makes it extremely powerful and flexible.

I realize it doesn't take much time to explain about the free square. Unnecessary patter and stage lags etc are a killer even for good acts. In the 30 seconds it takes to explain, it's one maybe two or three laughs or company plugs I missed out on, and they are far more valuable to me than the lost opportunity of explaining a free square.

Glad to hear it works well for you.

I use the Corporate Presentations set and gave away the Wilson set.(just keeping one set of cards) I've seen this in performance three times. The first time the audience was confused but it went over fairly well, but people didn't win.

The second time, the result was much the same.

The third time really made me wonder, so I checked the set of cards I kept and borrowed the call list.

One of the cards is definitely wrong and after watching it from the sidelines, I simply chose to eliminate as much ambiguity and problems that I could.

The result being very successful and never a problem. I also have a second person write the numbers on a white board in case people miss them. Never had to check a single card from someone jumping up early or missing out. Just doesn't happen this way.
kg2magic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of kg2magic
One last point at one of the above performance, I also head the audience say everybody will win at the same time. It was only when I looked at the winning number sequences on Mark's set that I figured out why.

Looking at their neighbors cards and talking with their neighbor, it became obvious they were needing the same number. Then they looked at the neighbors card and low and behold all the numbers were the same.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's rigged at that point in time.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
One last point from me too

Not sure why Magic Bingo gets discussed in the "Penny" forum anyway

:)
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2008-05-29 20:51, kg2magic wrote:
Ok I see this is pretty futile.
card # 7 winning numbers 8,24,37,54,71. Number 8 is not on any win sheet I have ever read in any book or description, and therefore this card is impossible to win in my set of Mark Wilson cards. Since these are mass produced, how can it be that no one else has the same issue???????

Actually the winning numbers for Card #7 are: B-12, I-27, Free, O-70 and the last number G-54 which works.

Card 8: 9, 24, 68 and 54
Card 2: Same number of card 8, but different direction

Perhaps I am missing what doesn't work? But I have had Mark Wilson's Magic Bingo work every time. As long as we keep the final number to the final number.

Not saying anything about a better or not better version out there, just pointing out that on the Cards that I got from Mark Wilson, have a Winning Bingo.

RevJohn
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I've used Mark's Magic Bingo for over two years, and gotten more cards from Nani including the newer one you can fold down and not use pencil on, they have always worked. If you got a bad batch of cards somehow, contact Nani, I'm sure she will correct it for you. If you don't read all the instructions and don't do the trick right, it won't work, but I've never had a problem with it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Photius

It was not the cards, just a misunderstanding on how they were used.
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of snushy
Just re-read the instructions for the original set of cards which came with a VHS tape back in 2004.
The instructions say to have everyone mark the Free Square at the very start. Seems like this is a very easy and direct way to dispense with that square.
L. Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
My agent video. Takes 30 secs to load so stay tuned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUJ4qlTO8so

J
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I'm confused. So does Mark's version work or are there problems with it? Is there really a problem or is it just that some here don't understand that the middle free space counts as a covered spot on the card? How does Mark's version differ and compare from Lou's version? It's been said this version too has a problem, then it was said it didn't, more confusion. Could someone please set me straight as I really want to look into purchasing one of these. Thanks.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
The free spot in bingo ALWAYS counts as a covered spot. There's no bingo # that says FREE.

I've performed this 3 times and worked every time.

J
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I agree John, that's how Bingo has alwaysbeen played. So with that said I'm still confused as to if there are faulty cards in each of these ersions, and if someone could tell me the differences between these two versions? Reading this thread from the beginning is very confusing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magic Bingo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL