The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Faking It (STAGE hypnotist) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Quote:
On 2008-07-01 03:31, WillBox wrote:
Hi briandavidphillips and welcome to the forum. I remember seeing a lot of your work a while back, don't you train in an eastern country? And you did lots of street work e.g. the arm pull inductions? I can't remember the details but I do remember thinking you were a good guy.

Yes, that is me. I train primarily in Taiwan as that's where I live but did a couple events in the US this year and will be off to India for same. Yes, street walkabouts and rapids with at least one variant of the arm pull. Sorry, I am NOT a "good guy" . . . I'm a "great" guy. Couldn't resist. Thank you for the kind words.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2008-06-30 23:32, briandavidphillips wrote:
he may or may not come off as a "good" or "highly entertaining" stage performer but he could certainly pull off a basic outline to a show. If he's been practicing for a month, then he's not actually "faking" being a hypnotist, he IS a hypnotist, albeit inexperienced.

Welcome to The Café Brian. Pretty good answer. And as you also metioned: yes they do get a mentor. This question is in fact not just about could the participant seem like he is a hypnotist, but also: are there mentors out there who think THEY, through their skills, help the guy appear like he's done it before. And by your reply, yes, you probably could.
Well done. Should I get a place in TV production you will receive a call.
bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Bobser said:

"But for me the poignant part was at the very end when he said that if it weren't for the programme 'faking it' he'd be sitting at that desk right now and that it really wasn't for thim. I found this highly motivational in the context that: isn't it sad that we have to wait for a TV programme to save our lives. They're not going to come too often huh? The fact that the guy did what he did says for me that it was always there, inside him and all he had to do was (to quote William Clement Stone I believe) DO IT NOW!"

Yes I agree things like this are highly motivational. I never saw the show but probably would've really liked it.

Many people get lucky breaks one way or another that lead to a new happier path in life.

And this "I imagine" would be one of those lucky breaks. To have the coaching and support he had plus the exposure is something that most of us never experience.

He is famous for being on the TV which would help with bookings. I hear people talk about him at network meetings and they always talk about "the guy that was on faking it".

The whole experience it seems has opened doors for him. I believe he is very busy.
So it was more than "just do it now!" The sad thing is that the majority of people I know would want out of the life they lead into something else. (Perhaps not as a magician though). But they don't know how to.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I believe I've helped at least 4 guys into the magic/mentalist world. I'm currently working right now with 2 proteges. It's something I take a great deal of pleasure from. The deal is this.... I show them something and they have to learn it razor sharp by the next time we meet. I'm not interested in showing somwething to laypeople. Only people who a) I really like and b) truly believe they can make a difference.
An interesting thing happened to me last week in Portsmouth. I met a guy in a pub who is a stage hypnotist. To cut a long story short I did some stuff, we had a meal together and the next time I'm down he's gonna introduce me as the world's leading stage hypnotist in one of his shows. The deal is he'll do the initial handclasp, then when they come up on stage 'the world's leading hypnotist' will drop them.
For your benefit Brian I've never actually done stage hypnosis before. should be fun!
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Brain is a GREAT guy, we met it Altanta, correspond often and if we had more people like Biran the world would be a GREAT place!
Welcome Brian!

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
hypnodoc
View Profile
New user
WA
64 Posts

Profile of hypnodoc
I am new to the forum but I have an interesting viewpoint here. I think it could be possible and quite probable that an individual could be trained to do a show in 1 month and be very passible.
I think that the training would be the key.
As long as they could learn to spot the right subjects for the show and how to do a good induction and how to phrase suggestions it could be done. Would you get a seasoned Pro no way but it could be passible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Faking It (STAGE hypnotist) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL