The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Devil's Chair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Perhaps it wasn't the Devil himself, but the Devil's Chair IS a portal to the other side and I will prove it soon!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Just watch out for wierd old ladies haunting graveyards, especially those carrying cell phones. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I haven't slept in two days now and I expect to be awake until this is all over. I will find my new bottle of Sailor Jerry's and hope for the best. The word is getting secretly revealed with emails, letters. phone calls and the like. Do not act on this if it isn't hidden well enough. I would hate to lose what I have found.
:bat: Smile Smile
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pImages......1_02.jpg
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Michael Midnight
View Profile
Regular user
Southern Swamp
104 Posts

Profile of Michael Midnight
Curious what happened with this, Slim. Also, were you able to collect some graveyard dirt from here?? Smile
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
Ooo Grave yard dirt from there would go for a pretty penny.

Yes Slim did you ever get to do the deed at midnight?
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It is illegal to enter the graveyard at midnight .... So we won't go there right now. I did however hear the voice that is legendary in these parts. It named the four winning horses of the Belmont Stakes. I wasn't sure exactly how to play this hand.
1) If I tell a thousand friends and they all bet and the information was WRONG ... I'd lose all of my friends!
Bad Move
2) After several years of being "On The Wagon" as far as my gambling habit goes... If I'd bet one way or the other....
Bad Move
3) If I told a thousand friends and they bet and the information was RIGHT .... the odds would go WAY DOWN and it's not such an upset! No biggie.
Bad Move
4) For generations those who know much more about these things have insisted that using such knowledge for self gain is simply TABOO! I would lose any hope of doing it again.
That too would be BAD!

In light of these facts I decided to simply email a bunch of folks with the horses names abbreviated in the email. I also simply called some others on the phone. And some, including KLYK Radio, I sent notarized copies of the prediction WAY before the race.

The rest is history!!!!!
EVERYONE received a 100% correct prediction of the SUPERFECTA..a 25,000 to 1 shot.
KLYK announced it on the radio ... I will start a new season on the station as soon as my daughter gets to Florida for the summer.
Lots of FUN ...Except for one dude who thinks I'm "Of The Devil" or something close Smile
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Slim, I'm going to be closing my Halloween show (at the same theatre) with a very spooky routine about the DC. If you are not booked solid, maybe you can come back up and catch the show.

There's a show the night before Halloween, two on Halloween night (one of them at midnight mwahaha) and one the night after.

Be great to see you again. The statues miss you.

D
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
WOW!!!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Sad. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've been told that they are actually going to allow people into the graveyard and CHARGE them to sit in the chair on Halloween. A DEVIL of an idea!
If I was still a gambler, I wouldn't miss an opportunity like this. Charlie Carlson has a new book out that I've ordered. Halloween may see me at an even STRANGER place!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Slim and I are working a show together on the 25th I think.

Maybe I can stop and catch the show on my way back up the coast D/3.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Cool...PM me the info on the show on the 25th if it's open. Love to see you guys in action in tandem.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
If you take scissors or a razor to the site and sit in the chair, do you get a Devil's Haircut? Just a thought.

Cassadaga was one of the most interesting places I've ever visited as far as generation for storytelling material. My first serious attempts at creating a character were based around the semi-true story of me finding an object in one of the shops in Cassadaga. It is definitely a place that one can take an audience (as far as the story goes) and let their imaginiations kick in to add to the impact of an effect.

Chris
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Jim spent time there as a child. See what happens!
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Slim King wrote

"Charlie Carlson has a new book out that I've ordered. Halloween may see me at an even STRANGER place!"

Slim King,
Where is this stranger place and what is it? if you don't mind me asking?

Handa,
Where is this Cassadaga and what is it? if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the info,

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Slim is a Florida native and he can explain it much better than I. I remember the town being featured on That's Incredible when I was little. Think of some cross between Salem and Gibtown, and add in some training/eduction centers for the initiated and the general public. It was a fun visit, but I haven't spent nearly the time there that others have. We did a day trip and checked out the shops. That's pretty much as far as my exploration went.

I thought that Jim's "uniqueness" came from unmitigated smokestacks that populated the Pittsburgh skyline prior to the environmental movement...or does that just explain the third eye?

Chris
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There are three books by Charlie Carlson .. Strange Florida (OOP) Weird Florida and Strange Florida II. They are FILLED with weird and strange places. The entire town of Cassadaga is populated by Mediums (Of all sizes Smile ) ..... They have a meeting hall there that might be called a Church by many. It was first a Spirit Camp.
The Cassadaga Hotel serves a MEAN French Onion Soup!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Devil's Chair (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL