The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Faking It - how one magician began his career... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WillBox
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of WillBox
Hi newbies

I edited a short version of the Faking It special as part of another thread - it shows how a physics PhD student had to fake it as a magician in just four weeks, and subsequently became professional.

PART ONE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-sk7y_wVzM

PART TWO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJpXtZVEP4
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Thanks Will - good info!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Classic tv
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
john scot
View Profile
Special user
brighton, uk
585 Posts

Profile of john scot
Thanks, I saw this when it was on.. I hope you didn't edit out Penn and Teller from it LOL!?

Cheers,

John
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Thanks, I enjoyed that.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
No Penn and Teller are still on it - great professional attitude to what was going on - they joined in without being critical
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Anyone watch justin lee collins do the magic in the conventionn crasher, came 2nd in some competition if I remember rightly, good fun to watch and he's a funny bloke!
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
skillzilla
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of skillzilla
That was rubbish
WillBox
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of WillBox
Apologies for it not being to your taste skillzilla, it was edited down so its difficult capturing the essence of what was a great show.

Thanks for your comments everyone, glad you appreciate it.

Purist, I saw that show, it was good and I thought Jon Goodwin came across well.
Chaomonga
View Profile
New user
kyoto
16 Posts

Profile of Chaomonga
I think you did a good job with the editing (i don't know the show - but I enjoyed "your version").
THE MIGHTY TOENAIL!!!!!
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
3 Posts

Profile of THE MIGHTY TOENAIL!!!!!
Oh nooo! I am sure that will be what I am like when I perform. I am so nervous about performing, I don't want to look like a silly person who is all shaky and confused. I know that it will be hard at first. I cringed when I watched that.

On the other hand, HE BECOME SO AWESOME! So now there is hope for me, and I am excited and happy. Got to remember that the presentation is SOO important. Once I have the trick sleights down I HAVE to make sure the presentation is killer!!
john scot
View Profile
Special user
brighton, uk
585 Posts

Profile of john scot
Quote:
On 2008-06-10 01:34, Purist wrote:
Anyone watch justin lee collins do the magic in the conventionn crasher, came 2nd in some competition if I remember rightly, good fun to watch and he's a funny bloke!

Funny you should mention that since I noticed this was on Virgin On Demand and watched it last night.

I think he came third.. A guy called The Great Kaplan(?) came first and a singing magician named Big Daddy Cool came second.

Ta,

John
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Thanks for the great post Willbox. That goes to show what can be accomplished with practice and love for the art.
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Cool post. thanks will.
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
What a wonderful post. Whether it was real or not I don't know but it was inspirational and entertaining all the same.

Thanks Will.
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Great videos, I saw the evolution of a total novice, into someone a bit more extraordinary...a fine example for all us newbies!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Faking It - how one magician began his career... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL