The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Kids Say the Darndest Things!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I thought I'd share something that happened to me way back around 1974. It was so shocking I've never forgotten it!

I had performed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Atlanta, GA for a convention of the American Institute of Industrial Engineers. On an otherwise more-serious show, I included a comedy bra trick , using a recently-married couple, as requested by the president. (no flames, please! I haven't used that trick since!)

It went over very well, the audience was in stitches, and the couple had a blast and thanked me for it later.

Anyhow, to continue...

About 4 weeks later I was doing a school show for grades 1-4. After the performance, I was packing up when the principal asked if I would talk to three 4th-grade girls who wished to ask me a question. I said sure...

So I went outside the curtains to meet them. They were smiling and giggling like most 4th-grade girls can do, and somewhat shy. In fact, one of the girls said, "Mr. Ted, SHE wants to ask you a question," pointing to the girl next to her. I turned to the girl and said, "Sure, you can ask me anything, and I'll try to answer."

Her question: "Why didn't you do the trick with the 'white thing'?"

I had absolutely no idea what she was referring to, since I used several 'white things' in my show -- paper, handkerchief, rope, etc. "I'm not sure why you mean," I replied. "You know, the WHITE thing", she said, giggling again. "What kind of white thing are you talking about?" I asked.

Then came the finale...

With more giggles and shyness, the little girl responded, "You know, the white thing... the BRA! You did it to my older sister a few weeks ago. I wore mine today just so you could pull it off."

YIKES! OMG!! I was so taken aback by that, as well as with her honesty... obviously she was quite proud of her training bra!

The times are so different now... this ain't the 70s. But it was a great story that I'll never forget.

TED
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
ROTFL. What a great story. I could tell several, but it wouldn't top that.
MagicAndy
View Profile
New user
Sussex
18 Posts

Profile of MagicAndy
Oh dear, what are the odds of meeting the sister >_<

Though if you were to attempt that nowadays you'd probably be taken away for sexual harassment, at least in england >_<
All Life is an Illusion, only when you realise that can you appreciate what is truly real.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
That is too funny! My jaw would have dropped hearing that myself.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Incidentally, the older sister was a slender, tanned, beautiful blonde with a killer smile. .. and a great personality. I have no idea where she was from.

How I wish there'd been a hidden video cam to catch what happened with those three 4th-grade girls!

TED
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Kids Say the Darndest Things!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL