The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your Closer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I am not asking which exact routine you use as your closer. I am curious as to the type of effect you use or would use. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Something that sums up everything else that I've been doing that night, or is the "ultimate" of what I can do...it depends where and for whom I'm performing for..

that's why so many classic mentalism acts finished on a Q&A...
I've asked to be banned
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Something that uses no volunteers, and focuses all the attention on your unique personality (and ideally presents the 'moral' of the show).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
In my usual venue, close-up, I do the opposite to what one would do on stage (aptly described by Vanderbeck). I engage as many volunteers as possible with the focus on them. An example would be my coin bend where I arrange a group of 3 to 12 participants to form the spokes of a wheel with one participant's hand holding a coin as the hub. It becomes great theatre and everyone feels involved.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Something they leave talking about all the way to the car and home.... I close with the Matrix Suspension. I also suggest to all to break out their cameras and snap shots. Free advertising!
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
Chuck Hickok has a great finish to his routines. He is a member here at the Café and could explain his thinking better than I. His is truly a summin up of all that he had done during the show.

Barney
Always in motion is the future
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
My closers are not my block buster, I close with something that will create a memorable moment for my audience. But my block buster is the one I do right before the closer so generally the closer is very short in comparison.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
My thoughts. I think your next to last effect should be the big bang, and then something intimate and special for the closer.

Lately I finish my shows by sitting on a stool center stage and eating a sandwich.

It brings us all closer together, and I'm not so hungry after the show.

DT3
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
I'd like to be able to eat a tasty sandwich after the multiverse collapses, too.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-06-18 09:05, Don Theo III wrote:
My thoughts. I think your next to last effect should be the big bang, and then something intimate and special for the closer.

Lately I finish my shows by sitting on a stool center stage and eating a sandwich.

It brings us all closer together, and I'm not so hungry after the show.

DT3

Paper or Plastic wrap...? Or just inside Tuperware?

I hear that you find a prediction inside the sandwich... Interesting indeed...

Wait, I may start doing that... Maybe do Confab and the beginning of the show and open the envelope and it's empty. You forgot were you placed the prediction, ot it teleported inside the sandwich at the end of the show... Think Sliders...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
And Fib's fabled green jello dessert cup ploy is the closer with its clever tongue s----h!!!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
For years I have always ended with a book test. I have the assisting spectator, sitting in the audience, read the paragraph they were concentrating on. I repeat the gist, look at my clipboard and with the full attention on me, turn it over. I have found this makes a brillant climax and for a final few words I thank the audience for their co-operation in the experiments I have carried out.

This makes the audience pleased and ends the show on a powerful and positive note.
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I use a variation on everybody wins. Simple but I play it big. PM me for info.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your Closer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL