The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mirage Coin Set by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2008-06-24 14:52, jimmyj wrote:
Craig,
Can't wait to get my hands on your latest endeavor. I really enjoyed Attack of the Bag and Flipped Out. I've read the review from Chris and really like what I've read.

Since the release date was the 21st and today is the 24th, I missed out on the pre-order special. That's OK. I will get my hands on it soon.

I know you check these posts often and I appreciate that.
Please let us know when Mirage coins will be available from a US distributor.
The Magic Warehouse?
I've had fine service from the UK in the past, it's just sort of a timing thing with me-cash availability!
Thanks for your time.
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind words. I am really glad you like my material, as you pointed out in a later post however the pre order special is on for another month so there is still time to pre order!!! If you liked Flipped Out and Attack of the Bag I am sure you will like the material on Mirage

Mirage will eventually be available through US dealers but I have no idea when. The response to the pre order has been unbelievable - way beyond expectations. Because of this we are working hard to make sure we have enough to fulfill pre orders and also enough to take to the IBM convention in Kentucky USA. When we have managed to cover all this then we can start to make more sets to distribute to dealers. The problem is all the sets are made by hand and therefore take a while to put together. But in answer to the question - yes we will eventually have them out to dealers but it could be a while. World Magic Shop are offering free tracked shipping to the USA at the moment with any pre order.

Thanks once again for your interest John. If I can be of further assistance please ask.

Craig
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Forgive me Craig, But how does this compare to Slipstream (Reed's recent release)?
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the response. Gochos set me straight. I'll be placing my pre-order shortly. Looking forward to it.

Jim.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Magicman,

Slipstream is brilliant, and using the principle you can perform a stunning 3 Fly routine. Mirage is totally different however; the DVD that comes with the set details 7 different routines and dozens of sleights which can be adapted to create more routines of your own. The routines included vary from penetrations, transpositions, translocations and loads more. There are also loads of different gimmicks which can be used for many other routines.

This obviously doesn't take anything away from Reed's trick (which is great and I own) but Mirage is a totally different thing (I may be biased but I thin Mirage is equally as good!)

Thanks for the interest

Craig
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2008-06-26 07:51, Al Straker wrote:
WOW!! I have just been fortunate enough to receive a review copy of Craig's latest offering - "Mirage" coin set & DVD and am absolutely blown away with what World Magic Shop & Craig have produced here. Craig's recent "Attack of the Bag" and "Flipped Out" releases have been widely touted as excellent (see recent threads) and "Mirage" certainly continues to reinforce Craig's reputation for creating solid worker's material that is well taught and contains plenty of value for money. The magic is consistently of a high quality as well!

This is a particularly good value release considering the current pre-release cost of this set direct from WMS is 95 quid including gimmicks one of which has not ever been seen before as far as I am aware. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the gimmicks supplied, while not being Lassen or Schoolcraft they are none the less a well produced and more than serviceable set. There are some very refreshing possibilities opened up by the new gimmick particlarly if you have a high volume of published coin work in your collection. My mind immediately turned to a Dr Sawa routine published in the introduction to his awesome book (it was so easy to miss an incredible effect here until David Roth pointed it out again) and many a magi will be sure to come up with countless more possibilities.

On the DVD, Craig is obviously in his element again and oozes passion for coin magic. As I have said of his earlier releases, one can only shake their head at the volume of possibilities one man can extract from this gimmick set. Craig performs and explains 7 full length feature routines with multi phase construction and well thought out progressively built sequences.

Silver Switch - This is a great step by step build up of the impossible conditions for a copper silver transposition. The great thing is Craig has constructed it so everything is examined early on in the routine. One of the phases is an "in the spectators hand" transposition. Then just when they think it is over both of the coins disappear.

Hide & Seek Coins - A very neat coin travel plot combined with a card location that stuns! Doing this with 3 different coins is very convincing and gives the whole thing a more impossible feeling. The reactions to this were very telling.

International Reverse Matrix - Another clean and mean routine! Very punchy matix again with different coins. Craig sets the plot up well by saying that one particular coin will atract the other 3 coins to itself. This clarifies and motivates the magic nicely. The ending obviously FRIED the girls watching, most enjoyable.

Impossible coins across - Very nice thinking again here and clever application of this original gimmick. As strong a coins across as you could wish for.

Wild Hanging Coins - Awesome and different hanging coins. This is one heck of a visual treat! Personally, I will be using this in combination with some Larry Jennings material to create a new monster.

Penaskin - A very comprehensive and clear coin through hand transposition plot. I like this a little better than Silver Switch (which was very good in itself) only because to me it somehow conveyed clearer conditions and therefore resulted in stronger magic.

Mirage Box - An Okito box routine using the mirage set. Absolutely stunning coins to box with a finish that I certainly did NOT see coming. Craig again demonstrates why everyone is talking up is ability to create strong magic.

One of the most pleasing things about Craig's mirage set is that a lot of the routines can be performed standing as no table is required. Anyone is sure to find some appealing new magic from this set and DVD, it is a great addition to the world of coin magic and this new gimmick will no doubt become a standard part of a coin man's kit.

Definitely reccommended particularly if you are into visual close up and coin magic. I hear Craig has a lot more in store for us yet and I for one cannot wait to see what comes next.

Cheers,
Al

Hi Al,

Thank for the honest review.

I am glad you like the Mirage Coin Set.

As you mentioned, Craig has a lot more already in the can with us for release later this year. a mixture of coin and card and alternative gimmick magic. We have also filmed an awesome Rubber Band DVD called "Banding Around" which features another newcomer Russell Leeds supported by Craig.

Russell, who is a full time performing Magician is, like Craig, a very inventive individual and these guys have worked together, closely with us to produce some awesome new effects and routines with everyday items. Watch out for new releases.

best regards
Jim
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Sounds like a nice package.
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
Mirage is brilliant. I have seen Craig perform all of these effects on real people in the real world and he slays them dead every single time. If you are looking for KILLER coin routines this is the place to look.

Regarding Banding Around, there has been a lot of buzz about this DVD every since I started showing some of the routines to magicians. I now can no longer go to a magic club without people asking me about this DVD. Well the wait is almost over and when everyone sees Banding Around they can judge the material for themselves but I think its great (then again some people might say I am a little biased!)

Russell
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Cheers Russ, you know as well as me how cool Mirage can be.

By the way over the weekend I was at my residency and I followed Wild Hanging Coins with your band routine Band Fly (the 3 Fly type routine). They worked so well together I think I will keep following the one with the other.

KILLER magic.

Craig
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
What are the quality of the coins? Johnson variety or maybe a bit better?

I do like the idea of grouping coins and instruction under on roof. And from the descriptions, the routines sound well thought out and time tested.

Now if I could just find out about the coin quality. Smile
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Taller, the gimmicks are IMHO are around equal to a Johnson set in quality, with the 'main' gimmick a notch better than Johnson.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Thanks Al. If they were any better, they would cost 500.00 and you'd have to wait 8 months for them. Smile
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
First class set of coins with a first rate dvd buy this set & you wont be dissapointed. don't know about "Mirage" should be called Miracle coin set cos' that's what you perform with them!
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Are these made in dollars yet? Thanks

Bill
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Nope but I can tell you, first hand, the coins provided are very nice and the gaffs are excellent. Seamless Smile Everything nests perfectly as well. Love these things, however, the little bag they come in... HIDEOUS.
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Billmonroe contact Jim at Jim@worldmagicshop.co.uk for custom Mirage Coin Sets.
JohnRivera
View Profile
New user
United Arab Emirates
10 Posts

Profile of JohnRivera
I'm planning to buy this stuff.. but one question I have now is that.. can these be also available in Walking liberty half dollar..
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Take a look at the post DIRECTLY above yours.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
I recently got this set and my main Mirage gimmick wasn't even assembled and the stuff that comes with it doesn't even make it a true gravity but it's still better than the magnetic one's but my question is this, what size would I want to use to make it true gravity because I want to get the most out of this set and a lot of the routines require it to be true gravity and this definitely isn't one so would somebody please tell me what it is I need to do to make it true gravity?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Matthew.

Sorry about the problems you seem to have had, that does not sound right. The Mirage flipper is a true gravity flipper so I don't know what has happened there.

Contact Jim Trainer at World Magic Store. His email address is jim@wizardfxproductions.com

Tell him the situation and he should be able to sort everything out for you.

Is that okay?

Craig
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
Quote:
On 2010-06-12 05:16, Craig Petty wrote:
Hi Matthew.

Sorry about the problems you seem to have had, that does not sound right. The Mirage flipper is a true gravity flipper so I don't know what has happened there.

Contact Jim Trainer at World Magic Store. His email address is jim@wizardfxproductions.com

Tell him the situation and he should be able to sort everything out for you.

Is that okay?

Craig

Thanks Craig, I actually didn't buy it from WMS I bought it from Penguin Magic, would that be a problem or should I still contact Jim about the problem?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mirage Coin Set by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL