The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dokoleta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DamonWizaed
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DamonWizaed
Thought I'd let you know of a new product called Dokoleta from http://www.magicurios.com and soon from http://www.thetrickery.com. It's a 250 year old painting of a witchdoctor of the Sangoma (Zulu tribe)with four precious stones in fron of him. An audience member selects one of the stones (free choice) and the painting is covered. The selected stone is locked in a small black wooden chest and given to spectator to hold. It is said that the painting contains some of the old wizrd's powers. Concentrate. The chest is opened and the stone has disappeared. Uncover the painting and now it is the wizard with the chosen stone only!
Just got it yesterday and have already done it to success this afternoon. This is a very good looking piece and works almost automatically. The painting in it's frame is approximately 10 inches square so it packs small and plays big.
"Dokotela" basically translates to "Doctor" and was renowned for his amazing powers of divination and was said to have determined the outcome of a battle even before it occured.
Thank you Simon!!

Damon
DamonWizaed
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DamonWizaed
By the way I guess I can't spell worth a darn. It is Dokotela.
Sorry.

Damon
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I've looked at this effect numerous times and all I can say is WOW!!!! Simon keeps getting better and better.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks for the kind words both of you. This effect has been a long time coming. We started work on it over a year ago (thanks for being so patient with yours Damon!)

Its a remote controlled effect with no forcing required - any choice can be made by the spectator (can even be repeated if you wish).
This one is part of the new AfriCurios range (focuses on magic that has an African theme). The artwork was done by Dez Motene, a promising young South African artist who has been working with us on this new range of effects.

Here's something wild -

Dez has agreed to create a series of unique paintings for magicians. These paintings will work just like the Dokotela but the magician him/her self will appear in the work of art - how is this possible?
Basically, the magician sends us a full colour photo and she'll paint a beautiful version in rich oils. The painting will then morph during performance to make a prediction!
Interested parties should PM me.

Simon
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's the one vid that doesn't work for me.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dokoleta (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL