The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » The Abbott's get together 2008 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
The get together in Colon Michigan isn't too far away now. So I thought I'd start a thread so you can let us know if you'll be able to make it this year. The is my favorite magic gathering and luckily it's only about a half hour drive away for me. So I'm always there.

On a side note. If you can't make it you'll still be able to experience a portion of the get together over the internet at http://streetofcards.com (Click the S.O.C.-TV link). You'll be able to watch a live broadcast from Clancy's restaurant, a popular place during the get together each year. The live feed also has a chat room and the people there at the get together will be able to see what you write and sometimes reply to them in real time. So you'll see some of us, including yours truly, performing for the camera, interviews and just watch us hang out while you chat. It's a lot of fun. If you want to see what it's like stop in there anytime and you can watch replay's of past magic gatherings like this they've done. I've found magicians chatting in there all hours of the day and night.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing all my old magician friends at the get together and hope to meet more. See you there.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
I'll be there!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Look forward to seeing you again John. You'll know where to find me. Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Jaxon, you in need of an interpreter???? Smile
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Actually I had on interpreted a couple of years ago at the Abbott's get together. Believe it or not there was a couple of other deaf there that year and one of their wifes interpreted for him. I just happened to be there too. Smile

But if you ever make it to a convention I go to that would be great. Not just to interpret a lecture but also to finally meet you in person.

Ron Jaxon

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 11:12pm
It's not far away now. Will no one be there this year?

Ron Jaxon

magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
It's going to be a great turnout Ron, sales are up. Look for a big surprise on the Wednesday show. Also two Japanese acts, an M.C.from Australia.. the one and only Great Tomsoni...

Also if anyone gets there a day early there is a ground breaking ceremony for the new Colon park at 10 am Tuesday. You can see a drawing for the park here, it is worth a look and awesome especially the 3 linking rings

http://www.colonmi.com/communitypark.html

I will be linking this up to the rest of the site tomorrow so this is kind of a sneak preview.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
I just love coming to Colon, MI. The bad news is that I will miss this year because I am booked to work Midwest Jubillee of Magic in St. Louis, MI (Aug 7 - 9).

Ron and John...I has so much fun winning the Curly's Bar Magic contest. I understand that the winner is suppose to be the host the following year. Will one of you do me a favor and host it since I will not be able to be there? Keep the magic going!

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I would have been back too but the dates are the same for the Jubilee in St. Louis. Hopefully, next year!
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Magicjy - I'll take care of that. To be honest I'll first look to see if someone else will Emcee the contest for I don't think I'm all that great at it. But if all else fails I'll take the job. So no fear. We'll fill the position.

But I must warn everyone. If I end up with the job I'll be introducing the acts in sign language. Smile

Ron Jaxon

magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Ron: That would certainly work for me. However, I would probably be the only guy who would get it. Man I want to get up there. If I actually did get to Abbott's, I would have no problem MCing a show. In fact, I would really enjoy doing it. It would be a blast for me.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » The Abbott's get together 2008 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL