The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "I Hate Card Tricks" by Magicbob Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
In the last year or so, I've released two e-books, The "I Hate Card Tricks" Book of Card Tricks ( reviews here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&36 )

and its sequel, The "I STILL Hate Card Tricks" Book of Card Tricks ( reviews here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#4 ).

I'm currently working on my next project, "Kards for Kids" which is about 75% complete.

The reason I'm posting in this forum is that several noted magicians have advised me that I should publish my work as print books instead of just e-books. Others have also suggested that I produce already made-up effects to sell rather than just the instructions for you to make them.

I've gotten to the point where I think I am going to follow that advice. I knew all along it was good advice, but I've just been too busy to seriously consider it.

What do all of you think? I'm planning to charge $10-15 for each effect with printed instructions and all the neccesary cards/props provided. I would still offer the electronic versions for $5 each, so if there are some "do it yourself" types out there who just want to make your own, you can save some money.

I just want to gauge interest in these kinds of effects before I dive headlong into expanding my horizons. I don't want to make up 1000 and then find out that there's little interest or WORSE, make up only a dozen and suddenly get swamped with 200+ orders!

Thanks.

Bob
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I'm in for the kid tricks. I've seen the ones you have up on Magic Nook, and they are creative and fun. We need more of them, and if you take the work out of making the tricks (and can make a little $$ in the process), so much the better. I especially love "I see London, I see France . . ." Great stuff for kids. Thanks.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I'm in the final stages of preparing to offer the effects ready-made (as well as the print version for the "do-it-yourself" types). I hope to have these items offered on the website soon.
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Printed books will be available soon. I've got copies on the way so I can proof them and ensure they are ready for public release.
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "I Hate Card Tricks" by Magicbob Productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL