The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » You Should Know About This (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
It's good to see Scott doing some serious work. The whole thing has awesome potential. I wish it luck.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Really exciting undertaking and in the proper scope too...hope there is some PROfessional video shot and not the usual shakey crap on youtube. Wish I could be there.

Is Diablo's superior SideShow Museum trailer set up going to be there? Didn't see it listed.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
You know Doug, there are openings for entertainment, operators, etc...perhaps a trip up north to the land of the great frosty? Afterall, all of us are already booked...
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I don't know too much about this operation. Johnny Meah was the advisor on this (he was the tech advisor on HBO's Carnivale). He asked me to do it, but there were conflicts and a kid coming so I passed on it and made a few recommendations. I'm sure the Diablo folks will do a stellar job.

I hope this plays well, makes money and has a future.

By the way, I will be in Montreal next week doing a new live show called Hoodwinked. It is con artistry live onstage with card sharp Richard Turner, pickpocket Bob Arno, Banachek doing psychologial manipulations and yours truly holding the whole thing together as host. We are playing the Just For Laughs festival at the theater Gesu on 7/15, 16 & 17. This is the premiere of the show and it will tour the US starting latter in the year.

So there.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Wow sounds cool todd......

any chance of it being filmed?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I don't know what the future of this project will be, but if it is taped, I will let everyone know.

Boy, I wish there was a sideshow in the Times Square area of NYC.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Well, make it so! If anyone in the NYC area could do it, it would HAVE to be you. I guess a brand new torch would help.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 15:58, Todd Robbins wrote:

Once again, I second that.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 15:58, Todd Robbins wrote:

What will it take?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Lots and lots and lots of money.... or Todd becoming mayor of New York City.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Wonder what the rental on an empty parking lot would be. You know...like the multiple day events Blaine and Angel spent suspended in that Times Square parking lot...they each used the same location.

I think of Stiles fruit and vegetable market on 52nd street in kinda a small permanent tent.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Didn't the Bindlestiffs have a space there for a while?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 20:44, Stephon wrote:
Didn't the Bindlestiffs have a space there for a while?

From their website:

"From 2002 to 2004 the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus operated the 'last vaudeville house in Times Square.' In conjunction with chashama, Bindlestiff opened Bindlestiff's Palace of Variety and the Free Museum of Times Square. The Palace presented up to five performances a day, presenting continuous vaudeville shows on 42nd Street and hosting nearly thirty other productions."

I can't believe I didn't get to go there Smile
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Though it doesn't function in the traditional Vaudeville form, the New Victory Theater on 42nd St. presents a lot of variety entertainment and had done it for more than a decade. The theater has been beautifully renovated and is a glorious jewelbox. Decades ago, the theater was the home to Minsky's Burlesque. Now, the emphasis is on family entertainment.
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
I'll be sure to check out the New Victory Theater next time I'm in NY. In spite of the family entertainment part Smile

Todd, please bring your new show to Milwaukee - maybe the Miramar again? I just read the Modern Con Man and enjoyed it very much, though I should probably change my name to Patsy Mark considering my (in)ability to fool my friends.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
MCM is fantastic! I love the humour in it - and loved playing with some of the "games" at school!

Hey Tod bring your new show to the school stage at Paulet High School Burton on Trent - I can book the Brew house theatre as well in Burton for you....... Smile ou MAY make a loss on the travel expenses though?
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
Quote:
On 2008-07-10 20:43, Todd Robbins wrote:

By the way, I will be in Montreal next week doing a new live show called Hoodwinked. It is con artistry live onstage with card sharp Richard Turner, pickpocket Bob Arno, Banachek doing psychologial manipulations and yours truly holding the whole thing together as host. We are playing the Just For Laughs festival at the theater Gesu on 7/15, 16 & 17. This is the premiere of the show and it will tour the US starting latter in the year.

So there.

Hey, I was there for the premiere. Solid show, perfectly sized venue. Some clever ideas. Todd did not do his usual stuff but he does "run" the place. Commanding presence. I get to see it again Thursday. If you are in the Montreal area by all means do drop by.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Thanks for the nice words. Though we had done some tech on the show, the premiere was our first real run through. It will interesting to see what this becomes when it all smoothes out.
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
By the way, I made the roadtrip from Philly to Ottawa over the long weekend to see this. I had a really good time, even if there were no hot dogs to be eaten anywhere on the grounds Smile.

The performers in the big top were fantastic and the clowns were very fun, but I thought a little under utilized at times.

The ferris wheel- AWESOME!

I was a little sad because it wasnt crowded by any means. We did get there on a Friday at about 8pm on a holiday weekend, so I thought it would be packed. I hope it was more empty because people went away for that weekend rather than people not making the attempt to see the show.

I hope to see more events like this... and closer to Philly.

did anyone else check this out?

Carnival Diablo was really fun, great timing, funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » You Should Know About This (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL