The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAM Assembly 17 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
I'm going to be moving to Great Barrington (MA) soon, and am planning on joining SAM assembly 17 in Springfield.

I have briefly spoken with Tom Gentile (He's the president of the club, I believe), but want to have more information. Could anyone who attends this assembly tell me what the meetings are like, member turnout, etc? I have been a member of the IBM but never the SAM before.

Thank you,
Noel Dominguez
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi, Noel -

SAM #17 is a friendly & active group. The assembly has about 25 members (I don't know how many attend meetings), but they always welcome visitors and new members.

You can visit Assembly #17 on the web at http://www.assembly17.org.
Its president is Rich Gilbert - rgilbertmagic@yahoo.com and 413-247-7659.
Tom is the treasurer & has been Massachusetts Deputy.

I don't know where you have been located, but things are relatively close in New England - Great Barrington is about an hour away from Springfield.

The club lost its meeting place when the Brick & Mortar Shop closed in August - I don't know if it found a new place. You can contact Tom or Rich on that.

Good luck & welcome to the S.A.M.!

If I can help in any way, please contact me.

Marlene Clark
National Secretary
(New Englander & past New England RVP)
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Gretings Noel,

We missed you at the meeting this month! I was very happy to call Tom Gentile and let you speak with him back in July at the meeting when you first posted this. Tom is a great guy and is very hard working so I am sure he will help you get settled in and get you in touch with the best group for you to meet with.

You will be a great new member for whatever assembly you join up in that area and our loss is their gain BUT know you have a place open whenever you head down to sunny Florida for a visit to your family.....give a call 305-258-3414 at home 786-258-8762 on my cell or drop me a line at merlina17@aol.com

Hey, Rick and the group sends their regards.....we miss you.

Best to you always and keep a dream in the making

Maria Ibanez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAM Assembly 17 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL