The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Houdini Stamps Recalled! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Washington DC - April 1 2003

The US postmaster general, John "Jack" E. Potter, has decided to recall all outstanding copies of the 37-cent Harry Houdini stamp. According to officials the reason for the recall is an unprecedented rash of lost letters.

"According to mail carriers all across the continental US, letters with these stamps mysteriously disappear from inside sealed shipping boxes and crates."

One Buffalo, NY mail carrier described it this way, "I put the letter inside my canvas mailbag. I remember I had recently examined the bag for any holes or foreign objects. I tied the top of the bag, with the help of a couple of local police who I was talking to, but next thing I knew the little bugger was out of the bag. It was the darnedest thing."

This recall will probably mean the end of a proposed line of Great Illusionists stamps, said officials. Rumors are that the Houdini stamp was not the only stamp in the series with problems.

A high-level official at the USPS described a very frustrating moment where he sat down to OK the Jonathan Pendragon stamp, but after lifting the clear protective cover, it turned out he was staring at the Charlette Pendragon stamp. He later found the Jonathan Pendragon stamp in the manila folder on his desk.

The David Blaine stamp had a different but equally annoying problem - mail carriers described how these letters got stuck inside mailboxes for weeks at a time. Strangely, when local TV crews showed up to record the strange occurrances, the letters came out right away. "It seems that the bright lights of the TV cameras have a strange effect on the Blaine-stamped letters."

Once removed, these letters could be delivered, although it seemed that the Blaine stamps also had an propensity to get stuck to other stamps, especially those from the Supermodels of the World series.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Suspectacts,
I think you may be confusing the Blaine stamps with the Copperfield stamps.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
No, Copperfield stamps are arrogant and make the Statue of Liberty stamps disappear right in front of an audience. Oh, and the Postmaster General didn't allow the Penn and Teller stamps because Penn kept rambling about stuff that makes no sense.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Houdini Stamps Recalled! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL