The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Any full time street buskers in the Magic Café? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
How many of you members are full time street buskers? This is something that is new to me. I have performed on the street, but for a client only. I have hustled making 260 balloons before on the street for one dollar before. I did the 3 Card Monte and the Shell Game before in a night club. But I never did street busking before. I am anxious about this.

When it comes to magic I am loud and open. I like to perform it on anybody. For example: cashiers, waitresses, my doctor, people waiting in line with me, etc. I can't wait to take it on the road.

Does security play a big role in this type of art? Have anyone got robbed street busking before?

The only thing that turns me away is the cold weather. That is my only fear. I will not be able to perform with frozen fingers and a runny nose.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-07-18 21:41, Dynamike wrote:
Does security play a big role in this type of art? Have anyone got robbed street busking before?

I've never been robbed, but I've been threatened a few times and concerned about my safety a few times, too.

You do need to be careful, no doubt!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Most of the full timers got banned from this place. They all crazy. Smile Performers.net & Buskerscafe.com have handfulls of full time buskers.

They hide out there like Jedi after the Empire was established...like Harry when he moved in with the Hendersons...like E.T. mixed with the abonibal snow man mixed with Nessy and a sasquatch.

You get the point.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do not know about Performers.net but too many people are prejudice and jealous on Buskerscafe.com
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 09:39, Dynamike wrote:
I do not know about Performers.net but too many people are prejudice and jealous on Buskerscafe.com

You know Mike, you really need to think about that statement. I've never been anything but respectful to you. Yet you insult my site.

I find it highly entertaining that a guy who says things like "homo like" would dare call anybody else prejudice and please tell me who is it EXACTLY that would be jealous of YOU.

I never saw any indication of that. I did see MANY posts by you on that site that were insulting, childish, ignorant, and not very well thought out. I'd be happy to post examples here if you like.

Stop trying to cause trouble Mike. You are as bad as the people who's names can not be mentioned.

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
[quote]On 2008-07-19 12:44, Danny Hustle wrote:
Quote:
I find it highly entertaining that a guy who says things like "homo like" would dare call anybody else prejudice

Thank you.
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
I had regarded that as a typo..
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 12:44, Danny Hustle wrote:

You know Mike, you really need to think about that statement. I've never been anything but respectful to you. Yet you insult my site.

You are misunderstanding me Danny. Don't get me wrong. I never insulted your site because I like it. You and I get along well on all sites. I was talking about a few members. I will not mention any names.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
I find it highly entertaining that a guy who says things like "homo like" would dare call anybody else prejudice and please tell me who is it EXACTLY that would be jealous of YOU.

Another misundersanding, Danny. I was wondering why this was taken so seriously. I can now see why. I meant to put "hobo like". My appologies if I insulted anyone.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 18:18, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:

You are misunderstanding me Danny. Don't get me wrong. I never insulted your site because I like it. You and I get along well on all sites. I was talking about a few members. I will not mention any names.

Mike, I am a regular on Danny's site and have NEVER seen any post that could be considered prejudice or insulting. Yes if someone makes a statement he could be on the recieving end of some kidding, but I have never seen anyone deliberatly say hurtful things on that site.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Peter, to get everything back on track it would be better to make discussions about that on Danny's site. We are on a totally different topic/site here. Thanks.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Full time busking is hard work, especially here in the USA. I suspect that the full time Buskers are busy working and have little time for the goings on here at The Café. The internet is a wonderful resource, but it definitely has it's problems.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What are the average hours of full time Buskers?
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
One thought considering the length of time to busk per day or per week is to decide on how much money you need to live the lifestyle you wish to have. I've heard much talk about guys staying out until they've earned their necessary daily amount.

I know one guy that just does 10 shows every time he goes out...so it's not about the daily take for him.

I've got 2 small kids and a full time job. I go out for set amounts of time. Usually I'll have no more than 4 hours to busk on any given day. So, this is my "part-timers" recipe: Go out until my wife calls and tells me it's time to come home Smile

I'll tell ya what though. Getting out there and working until I've made $200 bucks is probably the best way I've ever worked. Actually, that's a pretty low number for a daily nut...but like I said, I'm part time. This type of focus keeps me working at my best AND THAT'S THE REAL TRICK TO BUSKING: working consistently at your best.

Just going out to do 10 shows, or just going out for a 4 hour shift WILL NOT give you the proper mental attitude for street performing CORRECTLY.

Going out with a specific dollar amount WILL get you to think more critically about your show, your (constantly fluctuating) energy level, and your time spent out there.

Just my thoughts though.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I'm a full time sidewalk performer, and so is everyone around me... the old veterans and old part timers call me, and some of the other guys the 'kids', and 'young fellas' .. (Though were sidewalk performers, we can do half circle - circle shows as well).. I've also been living and sharing pitches with other full timers like keith ballonatick, jimmy talksalot, brian bloodworth .. Jimmy talksalot is my teacher , and I know hes on this forum.. So is eric evans.. I don't know about the other guys...

were sidewalk performers, and even though our servers been havin trouble we have a website being worked on called http://www.sidewalkperformers.com - this is a forum for full time sidewalk performers .. corporate guys stay away. Smile
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2008-07-20 12:52, Chad wrote:
I've heard much talk about guys staying out until they've earned their necessary daily amount.

If its a slow day and you are not making much money, staying until you make a certain amount seems to make sense ... but you are really just wearing yourself out for no good reason. On the other hand, if you are making money ... then staying longer than you planned is wearing yourself out for a good reason.

In other words, fish when the fish are biting.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Any full time street buskers in the Magic Café? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL