The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The U.C.L.A. Move by Karl Fulves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Utility Center Lift Action by K. Fulves (Chronicles, page 1214) is a double lift from the center of the deck.

Is it any routines that uses this move?
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Well, Dan and Dave use a double lift from the center of the deck in some of their effects (from "The Trilogy", if my memory serves me well). I don't know if it's the same as Mr. Fulves or a variation. I'll check out The Chronicles when I get home.

Anyhow, as long as you riffle for a selection and then double lift from the center, you can perform any effect in which you usually begin by showing a selection with a doble lift.

Whether that's the best way to do it or not, is a different matter...
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
Reality
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Reality
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 02:17, double_lift wrote:
Well, Dan and Dave use a double lift from the center of the deck in some of their effects (from "The Trilogy", if my memory serves me well). I don't know if it's the same as Mr. Fulves or a variation. I'll check out The Chronicles when I get home.

Anyhow, as long as you riffle for a selection and then double lift from the center, you can perform any effect in which you usually begin by showing a selection with a doble lift.

Whether that's the best way to do it or not, is a different matter...

The center double that the Bucks use is Steve Freeman's variation of Larry Jennings "Center Double" up until the point where the double is pivoted perpendicular to the deck combined with a little extra flourish. It was coined the "Spin Doctor Double" in Sleightly Magical.

As for if it resembles Fulves' move, I am not sure as I have yet to check. I'll try to get back to you on that one.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2008, Kjellstrom wrote:
Utility Center Lift Action by K. Fulves (Chronicles, page 1214) is a double lift from the center of the deck.

Is it any routines that uses this move?

Old thread revived. Why?
Because Fulves' U.C.L.A. Move is one of the coolest moves I've ever come across.
And I've never found a centre double with such inherently perfect alignment. Simply amazing.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Check out Father Cyprian's Double Lift from center. Excellent move.

Thanks for reminding me about the UCLA move. I learned it long ago but it has disappeared from my memory until now. Very cool move indeed.

Mike
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Bro. Hamman used a double-lift from the center quite a bit.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, Mike Powers wrote:
Check out Father Cyprian's Double Lift from center. Excellent move.
Mike

A great double, also taught by Duffie, though independently created. The lay down, after the selection, by Father Cyprian, is too knacky and hit and miss for my liking.
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
failed_drummer
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of failed_drummer
Gary Ouellette also has a really interesting centre double (but from the back of the deck) in Close Up Illusions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The U.C.L.A. Move by Karl Fulves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL