The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » P & T Bullet Catch: Youtube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
I'm asking topher
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2008-07-22 21:52, Topher Higgins wrote:
You guys don't get it, do you?

-- Topher

Topher, they don't get it and are baiting you to enter a VERY old discussion. Don't take the bait. In the eyes of some, there is no difference between the gratuitous exposure on the Nash Entertainment TV shows and what Penn & Teller do. That's all you need to know. Move on, because nothing but frustration will come from attempting to explain your point of view.

What is important to know is that the exposure of a bullet catch has had no effect on Penn & Teller. They don't care and their box office has not been hurt by it.

The ironic fact is that whenever there is an exposure show on, the ticket sales of the Vegas magic show go up.

Exposure means nothing.
Jon Royer
View Profile
New user
Warminster, PA
70 Posts

Profile of Jon Royer
I think it is funny that a person who feels that having someone else expose them as being so wrong would think that the only right thing to do would be to expose something that the other person does.

For example, if you are upset that someone stole from you, there is nothing wrong with being upset or taking actions to correct the issue. However, if you in turn go and steal from that person, you become a thief as well.

Jon
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Todd I don't think John was baiting Topher.

If anything I assume they are in the same camp.

However I was baiting John.

-Jim

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 13:53, Jon Royer wrote:
I think it is funny that a person who feels that having someone else expose them as being so wrong would think that the only right thing to do would be to expose something that the other person does.

For example, if you are upset that someone stole from you, there is nothing wrong with being upset or taking actions to correct the issue. However, if you in turn go and steal from that person, you become a thief as well.

Jon

Well they say that "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" will only make us all blind and hungry, but who am I to contradict the Holy Bible?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
I won't be baited.
I was sincerely asking Topher to see what I might be missing, that's all.
Done here...
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Your post proves you wrong John.

Thanks for playing,

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
OK, I'm wrong.
Probably always will be.
And you will always be right. Always.
In any case, I am not going to enter a confrontation with you.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I was just playing John why do you have to take every thing like it is an act of war.

It was a Joke a jest a comment.

I doubt also that anything on a forum can be considerd a confrontation.
That is something that happenes in real time face to face.

So let it go smile and realise that words are fun and this is a bit of a game.

Best Wishes,

Jim
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
>>why do you have to take every thing like it is an act of war.

My response is based upon previous experience
I have no problem, just not playing the game with you.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
What are you talking about?

You start thread and then will not participate?

Do you have no opinion and are looking for one from one of these other guys that you feel might be correct?

-Jim

H.O.A-X
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
So disgruntled Psychic's are Magicians now? If I expose a fraudulent faith-healer, will I be shunned? Perhaps we can CAST OUT THE EVIL P&T from the community or psychic's, faith-healers, and magicians. We are all the same.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 21:16, Jim-Callahan wrote:
What are you talking about?

You start thread and then will not participate?

Do you have no opinion and are looking for one from one of these other guys that you feel might be correct?

-Jim

H.O.A-X

Jim, I think this says it all
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
That's me on the right Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I don't really believe that there is any such thing as psychics.
I've been in cemetaries and so called haunted places after midnight and in fog and everywhere else and never seen any 'spooks,' or anything that couldn't be explained.
I always felt that the methods used on the medium type tv shows were completely obvious.
I just don't buy it. That's my opinion.
If I'm right then a lot of the debate is moot.
I am probably biased towards P&T though. I volunteered when I saw their show and they are the sweetest guys I ever met. I wish I could have had more time to have some good conversation with them.

As for the bullet catch, yes their version was developed by Banacheck, another entertainer I admire.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Todd Robbins, you are always a voice of reason wherever you go. Thank you for your wisdom.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Red Stuart shared with me the true bullet catch. If I divulge it to anyone, he'll probably track me down and kill me Vietnam style. His method predates Banachek, and when people have attempted to replicate it there have been MANY deaths.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
And Houdini LOVED going after psychics and mediums. He was one of the best whistle blowing exposure masters.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » P & T Bullet Catch: Youtube (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL