The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Karl Norman (One of my favorites) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Karl Norman is one of my favorite close up magicians of all time. Not only for his magic but he's also a great guy. I just happened to stumble on this youtube video of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYk2m9qp-ow

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Karl is super as person and magician. He has forgot more about Magic and performing then most of us can ever hope to attain.

And he is one of the truely last true "bar closeup" magicians. He shows you what closeup is supposed to be like.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I am fortunate enough to live in Buffalo and spend time with Karl Norman about once a week during the summer in addition to the IBM Ring meetings. He's absolutely one of the finest (and funniest) magicians I've ever had the good pleasure of seeing and spending time with in my still young career.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I remember the first time I ever meet Karl at the Abbott's get together. I admit that until then I had never heard of him before. But while I was at the American Legion (One of the major evening hang outs during the get together) there was a big buzz going on about something and I saw a few people almost running into the other room. I asked someone what was going on and they said, "Karl is performing". By the excited way they said it I knew this was something to check out. Karl was performing for one table but a crowd of about 20 or so people were gathered around watching. That's a large crowd for such a small room.

When the crowd parted enough for me to be able to see him perform I found out what the big deal was. Yes, he was performing some very good magic. His card to card box was awesome. But what got me most of all was his personality. Kind of reminds me or Red Skelton in the way that you can't help but to like the guy. This had a profound effect on the way I perform.

Later I was fortunate enough to meet and spend some time talking to him and he's as fun to be around as he is to watch perform. Since then he's been one of my favorite people to see each year at the get together.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Thanks for sharing that Jaxon! I must admit I'd never heard of Karl but
I have now. That was fun to watch...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Karl Norman IS the MAN!!!

F - Michael Amar...learn the COC from Karl! Amar ripped him off.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Karl has taught a lot of stuff to a lot of people that forgot where they got it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Karl Norman (One of my favorites) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL