The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How come you can't post links to eBay auctions? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Please don't delete this. I'd like an explanation for that rule. Thanks.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I found this in another thread for you...

"Ebay consists of temporary postings. Providing links to them eventually ends up with the Café having multiple dead links and we simply don't have the manpower or time to continually review for valid links. The Café is not an auction site and as the rules state, members wishing to deal in auctions should go to them directly."

cheers!
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Can we post the ebay item number?
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
The item number would be no different than the link.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Links, reference numbers, and sellers ebay ID are not allowed.
Where the magic begins
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
If you had a rule that people started a post title with the Month of the auction. Then you could just go through the next month and bulk delete the previous - and everyone would be happy.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
First of all, there is no way to insure that everyone would post the auction month so we'd have to look at every new topic everyday in Let's make a deal. That could be hundreds per day. Going back and deleting each of those would require that same process.

It's a lot easier to just insure that everyone follows the rule about ebay or any auction site.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How come you can't post links to eBay auctions? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL