The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Costume for the Linking Rings... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I performed Whit Haydn's 4 ring routine at a show put on by IBM Ring 122. On the advice of several of the folks I performed in a Hawaiian shirt (it was a hot day) rather than the shirt and coat that I had planned on wearing. I figured since many of them are experienced performers that I would take their advice. Everyone else wore the almost mandatory shirt and tie. Things went really well.

A friend who was at the show suggested that I go with a solid color, not necessarily dark, but solid, since the rings were almost lost at some points due to the print. What do you all think?
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I think your friend is spot on. And while you needn't go dark, I'd stay away from white or any other very light color.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Agreed. A shirt with a busy pattern will loose things like linking rings from a short distance. In a way, a busy pattern shirt will act as unintentional camoflauge for props. Solid colors are better!

Lyndel
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Early 20th century bicycle costume: the rings symbolize the wheels (don't say it, it's implied)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Costume for the Linking Rings... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL