The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Steel core (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DreadPirate_AJ
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of DreadPirate_AJ
I'm looking for some routines that involve steel core coins, or any other money magic using magnets. Does anyone have any suggestions?
weird is part of the job
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
It is a fairly simple trick, but I use a steel core quarter for the last coin in CoinSqueeze. That and a PK ring makes for the quarter's complete disappearance. You can find CoinSqueeze, quarter size, at just about any magic shop. It is a great close-up trick.
Magic is Everywhere
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Paul Diamond edited in 1971 a book called Magneticoins by Frederick L Kraft & Arthur Kraft as the N°1 of his Gems of Magic Series.
He also edited in 1973 another one by the same authors called Magnetrix, N°3 of his Gems of Magic Series. These two little books have a number of secrets which would nail present magicians to the wall, but the secrets are buried for a long time.

Kardyro, Tony: Close Up Deceptions. Contents include on p. 9: T.K.'s Copper & Silver Routine Supreme: using magnetic copper & silver coin set, regular copper and silver coins, shell, and handkerchief.

Lewis Ganson: The Art of Close Up Magic Volume 2. Illustrated by Dennis Patten, 286 pages, hardbound. p 103 Coins Apart: Eight coins are shown, four each of two colors. Spectator dumps them into performer's hand. A wand is pushed through twice, and the coins are now separated in each hand. 4 of the coins must be of a magnetic material.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
DreadPirate_AJ
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of DreadPirate_AJ
Wow, Lawrence, thanks a lot. I'll have to check our those Gems of Magic series.
And, amerigo, a CoinSqueeze... I could get some good mileage out of that.
Thanks, guys. If anyone else has any suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.
weird is part of the job
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Steel core (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL