The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Russian Roulette with Electric Drills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-12-14 12:39, MagicDog wrote:
I have used mine in about six shows and I must say it changes the mood of the ending of the show to the point where I am going to have to fine another place for it other then the end.

But I like the idea of the watch in the box post, it would play better for the type of show I am now doing.

John

Can you elaborate a little more on this...

Cheers
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
This one sounds like overkill, or "overdrill" . . ..
dmm
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dmm
Great props and service from HP, had a drill issue and it was taken care of immediately! This is a great & safe prop, and is diabolical! Tim & HP have done an amazing job. Now if this does not fit your style-understandable, or you are looking for a routine, then DON'T buy it, as they have left that up to you.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I to would also love to hear some more about this effect since its been out for a while now.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,,

Toll Free 1-800-407-4040. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about this product.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Any reviews from owners of this effect that have road tested this?
I am comtempulating on this
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
It's almost a year now.Anyone who has this like to comment on the prop?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Old post but I received mine yesterday just in time for a magic meeting. Wow it went over big time. I really like this. Can't wait to use it for my kids birthday shows. Just kidding on that one but it really is good. Easy to do so one can work on the presentation.

Ron
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I know the ad copy says it uses no remotes but how do you prevent audiences from thinking you simply have a remote that can turn each drill on or off?

Or even if not a remote it just seems like there could be several ways to disable whichever drill you need to.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2008, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Because are going to have a steel plate implanted at your temple. Smile

Is this procedure still included in the price?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Well I suppose one could perform it naked to prove no remotes. I don't think lay people think that way. The proof will be in the performing in the future to see what comments I get.

Ron
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2023, mrmagic0 wrote:
Old post but I received mine yesterday just in time for a magic meeting. Wow it went over big time. I really like this. Can't wait to use it for my kids birthday shows. Just kidding on that one but it really is good. Easy to do so one can work on the presentation.

Ron

I have been addicted to this kind of effects my whole life. I must have a morbid affection.
I have owned and performed several sawing effects, sword boxes, russian roulettes with staple guns and paintball pistols. Spikes and broken bottles in paper bags.... I have done them all!

One thing I allways have tried to do with these effects, is to have a effectiv climax. The ending of such routines must be strong. Stronger than the danger that occurs within the mere handling.

For instance, in one of the russian staple gun routines I have used, Francesco Tesei's "Risk", you have three empty guns and one loaded gun. So, the climax is that the last gun, the one chosen to be avoided, is shown to be the dangerous one, and, taataa, mentally, or whatever, saved from.

But in routines like these, were you use, say three loaded 'weapons', drills, paintball or staple guns, and one empty, the ending, in my opinion, somehow lacks the powerful ending of a last dramatic "shot".

Christopher Carter has, in his two Penguin lectures, solved this in an elegant way. In his staple gun and paintball effects he ends these routines (three loaded and one empty) by firing two loaded guns at a target, and then number three, which is the mentally chosen one, the empty, at himself, and THEN FINALLY, the remaning, also loaded, at the target placed aside. In this manner, you still get the same drama, a bang, for the ending!

So, as this drill effect also looks like a "three-loaded-one-empty" type effect, how do you end this?
"Oh, empty batteri"! Not very dramatic climax here! Christopher Carter's solution fits in here, in my opinion.

Just my thoughts on this.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Still working on it but basically that is what I am doing. I too have had different versions of this effect. This, by far, is the easiest and most death defying in my opinion. Yes, it is pricey but 150% safe yet looks wicked.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Russian Roulette with Electric Drills (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL