The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Just getting into it! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheStreetAce
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of TheStreetAce
Alrighty! I'm a teenager. I've been performing magic since... I can remember! I attend a one week magic camp in Philadelphia. I'm pretty deep into magic! Now I'm looking to learn some hypnotism. I'm not one of those newbies from ellusionist. I was curious if anyone had any good places to start learning? Any good books, or any advice at all? Also, I've been reading up on this and it says hypnotism is not dangerous. But then again I have read people saying that they have gotten the crap scared out of them. Do you mean just getting freaked out or something went wrong? Once again I'm new to hypnotism and would like to add some to my act. Also, is Zap by Hon Wong good material?

Thanks, TheStreetAce
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Richard Nongard has some excellent materials on his website. Check them out at http://www.vegasstagehypnosis.com/
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I second Thomas's recommendation of Richard Nongard (and John Cerbone), and would add that you should go and check out Brian David Phillips as well, at http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian's site isn't precisely about stage hypnosis, but he has excellent resources available, loads of knowledge, and it'd be a very good idea to at least take a look at what he has to say. He does stage hypnosis as well as clinical, so has insights into both aspects.

Joshua
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Sigh...here we go again. Use the search function on this Café. This question has been asked a zillion times.
hypnodoc
View Profile
New user
WA
64 Posts

Profile of hypnodoc
There is a ton of information out there, an my opinion is that "Zap" is not a very good thing it looks painful and I would not think it would make for a good show induction.

Brians Site is good and there are a lot of forums on the subject on Yahoo Groups.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Just getting into it! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL