The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Split Happens--Easter Egg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Any help appreciated. I cannot locate the Easter Egg on the Split Happens DVD. Can anyone help out? Hints or clues? Thank you in advance.

Joe
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I think I might know!!!!

Do to the routines menu and keep pushing next till you get to the final screen. Keep pushing right until you see some invisible text, which is now highlighted, that says 'egg'. Click on that, and watch Printed by Russell Leeds. Enjoy the routine - it's a great, really off-the-wall use of the gimmick!!!

Craig
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Thank you, Craig. Love the DVD. I highly recommend this DVD and all of Craig's work. Very professional and high caliber. If you enjoy coin work, or want to immerse yourself with some great routines and learn some sleights, this is the way to go.

Joe
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have the DVD, very nice. From the ads and talk on the video, it sounds as if there is a section just with pertinent sleights. I have not found such a section. Thanks
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Quote:
On 2008-08-30 22:01, Xcath1 wrote:
I have the DVD, very nice. From the ads and talk on the video, it sounds as if there is a section just with pertinent sleights. I have not found such a section. Thanks

I use Windows Media Player to watch the DVD. From the list panel, go to Title 1, Chapters 12-19. You'll find the sleights section there. Hope that helps. Send me a PM if you have more problems.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks, Guys.

You're making me blush!!!!

Happy Split Coining (if that's a word!)

Craig
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Happy Coin Splitting....
Splitters...
Starting to sound like a scene from Life of Brian.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Sure, this is an old, generic issue, but when producing the coins at the start of the 3-Fly routine, especially using Kennedy halves, it seems impossible not to have the coins "talk". Maybe it does not matter in a noisy environment.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Hey Craig I have a question for you......A few months ago, before knowing about split coin, I purchased SuperCoin because of a few of my friends had it and I liked it a lot. Recently, I found split coin. Now here's the thing. I am happy with supercoin and I am not in the financial position to purchase split coin. I heard both were similar so heres the question: Will the routines on Split Happens work with SuperCoin? By the sounds of it, this DVD has a lot of good stuff on here and Kennedy's DVD's aren't that full of info. I would love to do more routines with SuperCoin. So, is it possible??

Thanks!
Nico Zottos
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Quote:
On 2008-09-09 22:41, Nico Zottos wrote:
......Will the routines on Split Happens work with SuperCoin?

Nick,

Yes, the routines will work with SuperCoin.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Great. Thanks a lot, Kevin.

-Nico
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2008-09-01 09:30, Xcath1 wrote:
Sure, this is an old, generic issue, but when producing the coins at the start of the 3-Fly routine, especially using Kennedy halves, it seems impossible not to have the coins "talk". Maybe it does not matter in a noisy environment.

Hi there

Sorry for the late reply. I have been working very hard recently and have not had much time to get on the Café.

Anyway, I perform that routine with silver coins (walking liberties to be specific). This means that the talking is not an issue as soft silver coins make little noise. If you are having problems Garrett Thomas has a great solution in his 3 DVD set from L & L. Using his technique you can produce the coins from this same position without any talking at all. Another option would be to produce the coins from edge grip or finally skip the production all together and go straight into the main routine.

If you want more advise on specifics pm me and I would be happy to help.

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2008-09-09 22:41, Nico Zottos wrote:
Hey Craig I have a question for you......A few months ago, before knowing about split coin, I purchased SuperCoin because of a few of my friends had it and I liked it a lot. Recently, I found split coin. Now here's the thing. I am happy with supercoin and I am not in the financial position to purchase split coin. I heard both were similar so heres the question: Will the routines on Split Happens work with SuperCoin? By the sounds of it, this DVD has a lot of good stuff on here and Kennedy's DVD's aren't that full of info. I would love to do more routines with SuperCoin. So, is it possible??

Thanks!

Nico Zottos

Looks like Kevin got there first!!!!

Let me know what you think when you get the DVD.

Thanks for your interest

Craig
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Craig,

Just got the DVD. . .I have to say I love it. It is so much better than the Kennedy DVD's with a few basic effects on them. Split Happens has a lot of clever, well thought out routines and are taught in extreme detail. My favorite would have to be the one with the sticker prediction. I performed it at a restaurant tonight and it killed. I definitely will use these routines. Thanks for putting out such a great DVD.

Nico
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Quote:

....Anyway, I perform that routine with silver coins (walking liberties to be specific). This means that the talking is not an issue as soft silver coins make little noise....

Craig

Craig,

Can a person get your split coin as a Liberty half dollar? I don't want to have you reveal anything, but I thought these coins were only for use with Kennedy halves?

I saw a demo of you working the coins and the Liberty halves sounded perfect. A nice dull, almost imperceptible "thud" when they hit each other. I always wondered if I could get your Split coin in the Liberty style. Advice appreciated please.

dsalley13
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Contact World magic shop, they can supply the split as a Walking Liberty.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Split Happens--Easter Egg (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL