The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Mercedes Talma anecdotes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I asked a similar question before but this one is a little more specific.
If anybody has any anecdotes or facts about Mercedes Talma I would be very appreciative to hear them.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Nevermind, I've got it planned!
~Will Rogers
nadur
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of nadur
I have read a Talma anecdote.

It was about the Evelyn Nesbit, Harry Thaw and Stanford White affair (love triangle and murder), in 1906.

You can search about this case in internet. It is very difficult for me tell you the details in a foreign language. My English is not very well.

There is a stage musical and a film about this subject.

The murderer Thaw, was sent to the State Hospital for Criminally Insane, but he escaped in 1913.

The World’s News (November 22, 1913), reported that after receiving “a mental impression”, Talma notified to the police that fugitive Harry Thaw was near Sherbrooke in Quebec.

The following morning, Thaw was picked up by the police in that city.

This is only a summary. The entire story, you can find it in William Rauscher and Mike Cavenney´s book “Servais Le Roy Monarch of Mystery”.

The life, magic and anecdotes of Servais, Talma and Bosco, are very, very interesting.

Saludos

eduardo
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I only speak English and Norwegian, but I know someone who can translate Spanish for me.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Mercedes Talma anecdotes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL