The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » To Lure With Spectacle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Anything that gives you insight into the game is valuable. Whether it works for you or not, it does accomplish one thing in the end that proves its worth: It Makes You Aware. That, in and of itself, is valuable.

How many times have you overlooked the obvious only to kick yourself in the head and say, "Oh yeah, how could I have missed that? It's so obvious."

Jimmy's book is a mix of the obvious and the not so obvious...depending on what level of performer you are, what you think you know street performing is all about, and what your perceptions are on how you fit into this little world.

While I do wish Jimmy success with his book, I still hope a lot of people don't by his book, hit the streets and fail miserably. Leaves more performing spots for me.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
"I told Cellini, I don't like to look at the people, because I don't like 'em" -Jimmy

What I like about the book is they way Jimmy gives it to your straight, straight answers. Other books I've read dance around the questions you want answered, sometimes I feel like they really don't want you to succeed they just wanted you to buy their book.

But Jimmy gives it to you straight. He gives you the blueprint to a successful street show and tons of valuable advice that would take years and years to learn on your own. I highly recommend.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Is it an e-book?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No, not an e-book, but there is a downloadable sample of the book so you can assess it before you purchase:

http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/lure_with_spectacle.htm
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Reading this again today (for the jillionth time)...a pitchman I know saw me reading it and "borrowed" it. I finally had to "wrestle" it back as he didn't want to give it up. He said he was going to get it.

A wonderful, passionate book.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Wheres the best place to buy this book!!!!

I do a lot of successful work in clubs & Hotels at night for my corporate market shows
but in the last 3 yrs have also been pitching Svengalis at huge markets here in the summers
& are very streetwise & successful doing this-heaps advice from don Driver etc
but now would like to soley concentrate in the summers on street magic & busking
which I have expereience at many street festivals but need to take it up a notch

Would Jimmys book be an advantage to me!!

Appreciate any advice

Thanks in advance

-Brent
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
This book will add what you need to get from it. If it helps increase your hat, experience and performance structure...is it worth it? To me, one sentence is worth the price of a book.

"Remember it's your show, it's there to take care of you, when you believe in it."

I lost sleep over this sentence last night.

It is where I am, on the path and in the season, that is worth much to think about.

Where are you...on what path and in what season? You will read that sentence differently...

Get it and let us know.

-Scott M.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2008-11-24 08:19, Scott M wrote:
This book will add what you need to get from it. If it helps increase your hat, experience and performance structure...is it worth it? To me, one sentence is worth the price of a book.

"Remember it's your show, it's there to take care of you, when you believe in it."

I lost sleep over this sentence last night.

It is where I am, on the path and in the season, that is worth much to think about.

Where are you...on what path and in what season? You will read that sentence differently...

Get it and let us know.

-Scott M.

Thanks Scott-answers what I need!!!!!

Cheers
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Due to recent comments, I felt that I should post here, to defend the people and ideas in my book.

ALSO TO DEFEND THOSE WHO HAVE BECOME SUCCESSFULL FROM USING IT.

it should be understood that my book is controversial.

it was NOT written for those who are looking for a get rich quick scheme.

it was NOT written for those who will do any job or sell anything to try and get rich.

-it WAS WRITTEN to struggling artists who were looking for a venue.-

it was written to these artists so that they could make a living and do what they felt they were born to do.

it was meant to level the playing field a little.

THIS BOOK IS NOT MY ORIGINAL IDEAS.

THIS BOOK WAS A COMPILATION OF FACTS FROM PERFORMERS DOING IT 20 OR MORE YEARS.

I have listed many of these performers in the back of the book. many of these performers asked me to put this book together for the benifit of future buskers.

as a student with writing background I did as I was told.

the information I recieved in the book literally saved my life and has made me successfull.

I stand by the book because it has saved my life and has helped many around the world who have emailed me and and told me the same.

I would urge the reader to go to the back of the book and read the long list of instructers and see if they have any products out to widen your knowledge of the art.

as you may discover many have no products out, because for years they felt this stuff should be a secret, further they simply didn't have time....they were too busy working....hence my book.

some of these old masters were ridiculed and censored for trying to explain how busking full time really was, so I have made it my crusade to give them one now.

it would be one thing to judge me after watching one of my street shows, but to attack the opinions of people that have been doing this stuff for years full time is unproductive.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
You have no need to defend yourself Jimmy,,,you are doing it while those who castigate in print are only thinking it.

The sayers will never be doers and the doers will never be sayers (Ken Brooke).

You have given of your best out of the goodness of your heart,,for which I for one salute you. None of this for gain, but for the love of that which you live.

Respect,,,,Ken (On & off busker 30 years doing it!!).
tomterm8
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of tomterm8
Jimmy, I haven't read your book, but I have read your blog, and the posts on here, and I've seen your video's posted on the forum. I don't think you need to defend yourself. You are *** good, and getting even better, and your methods are very successful. There aint no doubt of that.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Kondini,

Kondini

thanks, I needed that.

I've been getting a lot of heat for these prodjects.

but when guys like you, 30 year vetrans, say stuff like that, it makes it worth it.

Kondini, thanks for your lifes work.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

I just read your post thanks tomterm8
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jimmy, I still re-read your book from time to time. It helped me a lot more than I expected.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Jimmy's advice [or whoever gave him the advice he passed on] is a major part of me getting out and doing magic on the street, albeit as a Weekend Warrior. The proof of the value of Jimmy's book and his other practical help is in those who have taken heed, followed it, and found it works! Naysayers, begone!! Thanksalot, Jimmy.
The presentation makes the magic.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I still maintain those are the finest wrappers my fish have ever luxuriated in! Smile

And YOU'RE getting my 1st born son, not that hack Kozmo...

You rock, Jimbo!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » To Lure With Spectacle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL