The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A Live Effect from Pixar's Presto (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dal
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
124 Posts

Profile of Dal
Last month Wayne Kawamoto posted some thoughts about the Pixar short Presto in his forum about magic on about.com (http://magic.about.com/b/2008/08/09/presto-true-pixar-magic.htm?nl=1). By the way, if you haven’t seen Presto (or Wall*E) then you should. You can see Presto at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EF4s71Zn2g.

He said that we as magicians should be able to reach our hand in one place and have it come out somewhere else. He references Kevin James' "Re-Animator," Christopher Hart's "Zombie", Penn & Teller's "Blast Off" parody as well as Sylvester The Jester. In July I saw a GREAT new idea that can make you reach into a top hat and have your hand seen to come out of a wizard’s hat across the stage. The best part is, you can make it yourself. The Idea comes from MacGyver Magic (www.MacGyverMagic.com). It is called The Sensational Stretching Arm Illusion. The apparatus will fit into a conical wizard’s hat and can be operated from outside the hat by an assistant. Right now, I’m trying to figure out how to rig it so it will work by remote.

—Dal Sanders
Dal Sanders International Comedy Magician and Illusionist Based In Dallas, TX

The Society of American Magicians Past National President
M.I.M.C.*
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I didn't find it on their website. I'd be interested in checking it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A Live Effect from Pixar's Presto (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL