The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Need instructions for Wellington Newton's Nightmare (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I purchased this from a fellow Café member a few months ago but unfortunately I received no instructions. I'm hoping that somebody could help me out with this as I have no idea what each piece does or even the original presentation.

Thanks!

jeff
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Go to the Wellington Site and review the description. I think that'll give you what you need to know to at least get started. I think the switchout is the only "move" you need to make See: http://www.wellingtonent.com/document/newton.htm

Good luck!
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
PM me if need be....
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-08 09:46, Mark005 wrote:
PM me if need be....

Mark(?)

I'd like to PM you but there doesn't seem to be choice for that with your Café profile.

jeff
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
Just send me a P rivate M essage, and I will fill you in.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Sent...thanks!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Few months ago, I offered to send a copy, but you said you had one coming from someone else!

Steve
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-08 15:10, Stevethomas wrote:
Few months ago, I offered to send a copy, but you said you had one coming from someone else!

Steve

Steve,

We must have gotten our wires crossed. Thanks for checking in with me.

Best!

jeff
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

[quote]On 2008-09-08 16:31, The Great Smartini wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-08 15:10, Stevethomas wrote:

Steve

Steve,

If you could send these to me It would be greatly appreciated.

jeff
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I'm a little curious: is this effect really so much better than the "Newton's Nightmare" non-deluxe version, which sells for a fraction of the price? I really like the effect, though there's a problem I think when the spec fails to catch the brass block and it rolls around the floor...but what a great mini-illusion, perfect for science shows, or a comedy reaction test (spec's block falls really fast, but performer's block falls slowly, etc)
I see the "deluxe" version includes a piece of "moon rock" and a metal strip....which seem to have added about $130 to the price....can anyone elaborate?
Potty Smile
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Potty,

I haven't seen the inexpensive version so I can't comment on the quality of it. I'm fine paying more for a prop to get the best out there. I believe that there was a review on this item in Genii and it recommended the Deluxe but also felt the other version was a good value for the dollar kind of item. I was worried that the less expensive version looked more like a kids toy versus a professional looking prop. Kind of like getting something from Wolf's Magic or Axtell. The stuff from them is first class all the way.

jeff
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Thanks, Jeff. I agree that a more professional looking prop is worth extra dollars,. I think the tube in the professional version is longer. But the cheaper version is very good, the tube looks like a flute. Now you've got me curious about the pro version...but I won't be buying it, as I rarely use the effect any more. But the magician within loves this illusion, it's very cool!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Need instructions for Wellington Newton's Nightmare (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL