The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Grandice Illusions: Super Suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a suspension soon. I am looking at a Super Suspension by Grandice Illusions at..

http://grandiceillusions.com/Stage/SSuspension.html

Has anyone placed an order with them? If so, can you give me some useful feedback on the quality of their products and customer service.

Thanks,

J.C.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I too would be interested in hering some feedback on this illusion...perhaps someone out there owns it...

Weight Restrictions...
Sight Line problems (angles etc)

Thanks.

Michael
PokerMagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of PokerMagic
Can it be performed on any stage or is a special backdrop needed?

How does this compare to a Super X?
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Is this legit or is it a rip-off of the Walter Blaney Ladder Levitation in some way?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I don't think it is.

It seems to be more like a super x as the bar stools are an option and from what I understand, the ladders are neccessary for the Blaney version.
-Matt
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
No its not a rip off. I am not 100% on how the Blaney works, however this is not a copy.

I just spoke to Grant at Grandice, very curious about it.

He told me this:

1/ This is not a Super X...it works a 'little differently'.
2/ The sightlines are 10x better apparently...pretty much angle proof with a good setup (ie. On Stage or the audience in front of you)
3/ He can make it to fit any weight you want
4/ The stools are optional, but aren't neccessary
5/ You don't need a special backround or anything like that
6/ You CAN walk away with the right setup, otherwise you cannot.

I am still pondering on this, I don't want to make a purchase I will regret and am hoping that an actual owner can chime in and help with feedback of it.

What do you guys think about it?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
This looks good & if you've been in touch with the builder, that should ease your concern whether he's legit or not. Looks like he will be releasing another levitation illusion that can done surrounded -- it's called the 360 suspension.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2008-09-07 19:03, jcmagicman wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a suspension soon. I am looking at a Super Suspension by Grandice Illusions at..

http://grandiceillusions.com/Stage/SSuspension.html

Has anyone placed an order with them? If so, can you give me some useful feedback on the quality of their products and customer service.

Thanks,

J.C.

J.C.,

I have ordered a couple of things from them and I am very happy with not only the illusions but with the service. Grant will talk to you throughout the process and work with you to even create something special. I bought a shadow box that is seen at the following link http://grandiceillusions.com/Stage/DeceptiveSteps.html . The other illusion I bought from him is the sub trunk which you can see here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=257345&forum=7. It is very deceptive and taylor made for me. I would recommend them to anyone. Good luck and I know you will love dealing with Grant and Candice. They are great.

BYUDAD
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
This is in essence a super x. Yes, there are some changes, but the core method is very much the same. Look it up in the Mark Wilson course.

With a "super x" you can only move around if something, or someone, other than you, is hiding the support.

In most cases that is you... so you will not be moving much.
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Thank you all for providing info to this suspension.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Grandice Illusions: Super Suspension (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL