The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Seeking help about stage show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Hey guys! I didn't know where to post this so I figured this would be the best place. I am a 24 year old male who has been interested in magic since I was little. I love doing close up but I always wanted to do magic on stage. Not necessarily all big stage illusions, but stage magic none the less. Now here is what I present to the community. I am looking for someone who would like to help me develop a comedy-magic routine. When I was in my mid teens I did a lot of plays. I ended up meeting two adults who were part time magicians that did stage shows...they billed themselves at first the Nutty Buddys and then later The Magic Guys. I believe they don't work anymore but they had a regular thing going on. Its not that I am looking for an assistant but more of a magical partner. An actor friend of mine and I wrote an actual show, but due to his lifestyle now he is unable to do it. It would be a good starting point to work off of. Anyway, I was thinking it would be a pretty good business venture. No I am not trying to foster a scam, lol and I believe someone on here recently finished writing a book on how to book stage shows. I was thinking that even if you go to local High Schools, offer to share a precentage of the door with one of the sports teams for the school, you can use their auditorium. There are also lots of many small local theaters as well. Anyway, I thought it would be an awesome idea, and two magicians working on it would make it happen. Just think of all the times a high school spends money to bring in a stage hypnotist, or all the money they try to bring in for sports team fundraisers by having talent shows or what not. I think with a good show, some business smarts, it could definetly happen. Those two people I mentioned before were doing it, and how wonderful it must be to share magic with ppl for a living! I live on the east coast, in NJ not too far from NYC by the way. Anyway, any comments or any one that wants to talk more about this please let me know!

Thanks!

-Benjie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Seeking help about stage show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL