The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I Know That We Can Do It! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,

I know that we can go a whole week without posting anything that has to do with knock-off, rip-offs, flaming certain companies, exposure, or ethics in illusion. OR CAN WE? I would like to see a post where someone is asking for help and we actually help them out. Wouldn't that be amazing. I can care less if anyone replies to this post, but would like to see a change in the Café back to what it is originally for "magicians helping magicians". Someone will probably say that the topics I mentioned above help out magicians (that is pretty weak), not the way that I see it they are fronts to some type of hidden agenda. Let us get back to the real Magic Café even if it is for a short time (like a week).

BYUDAD
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I want to reply to this post, only because you are not expecting it! Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
BYUDAD,

I agree with you. Although knock offs, exposure and ethics should be discussed, but they should have their own topic. They should not derail so many topics that start off so well!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 12:12, magicofCurtis wrote:
BYUDAD,

I agree with you. Although knock offs, exposure and ethics should be discussed, but they should have their own topic. They should not derail so many topics that start off so well!

All of those topics are important , but they really should be moved to the "RIGHT or WRONG ?" section of the Café which is specifically for the discussion of ethical issues in magic.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Three cheers for your request, BYUDAD!!

It gets tiresome seeing a thread topic, and opening that page, only to find the discussion has nothing to do with the illusion other than who is ripping off who, or who got caught on YouTube doing as less than perfect show.

It makes me think that illusionists are not working as much as they are staring at their pretty boxes, wondering who to blame for the lack of gigs.

I do very few illusions these days (not as many as I used to), but I still enjoy reading and learning about them.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicmax1
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicmax1
Yes, I definitely agree with you.

-Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I Know That We Can Do It! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL