The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hole Surprise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......6213.htm

Hmm Looks interesting.
Does anyone have this?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I have this. I use this trick a lot. . .Its not a lot of set up and the gaff will last you forever. You get a gaff, a normal bolt, and three nuts along with a DVD and a special hole punch that will make a hole big enough for the bolt. The gaff is HIGH quality. The manufacturing was done so great. It is definitely worth the price. Spectators freak when they see the hole right where they had the "A" in Sharon. Set up takes about 30 seconds. When I perform this in a walk around situation or in restaurants, I have about 5 sets made up and then, I make 5 more in the bathroom. Literally takes a minute or two to make up a few sets. The best part is, is that with each time you perform, you can use the two unsigned cards again and again as nothing happens to them so really, you only need one card each time you perform. The DVD is in japanese with english subtitles which is fine. The trick is almost self explanatory without the DVD but the DVD contains some nice performance tips and a bonus routine. I highly recommend this trick though. Its good for a lot of situations.

Any questions I didn't cover feel free to ask

Nico
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Sounds like a really good trick. Well, I just sent my order in to Hocus Pocus. I cant wait to get it.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Yeah I love it. At first when I took it out of the package its one of those first reactions,"Ohh, just like I thought" and I felt a little disappointed but then as I performed it more and got more into it, I realized how extremely clever the trick is and how powerful it is to the spectator when you show them that hole.

Nico
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Can you show the cards not bolted and then go into it?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
cybermoley
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of cybermoley
Hi
If this is like Bolted or Download then you cannot show the card unbolted.
That said this may use a different method
Regards
Simon
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Chris,
You cannot bolt the cards infront of them, although, you can separate the cards showing the bolt going through the hole.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Simon, Nick, thanks for the extra info!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
I just got this in the mail a few days ago. It is exactly what I thought it was. The gaff is very well made and almost invisible. I really like this and I will probably be performing this often. There is a short setup though. You have to prepare a card each time you do this. So what I do is just prep a whole bunch of cards for the effect and put them in my wallet so I am set for a bunch of performances. Its a great trick I highly recomended it.
Barry Daugherty
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
133 Posts

Profile of Barry Daugherty
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 15:36, Nico Zottos wrote:
Chris,
You cannot bolt the cards infront of them, although, you can separate the cards showing the bolt going through the hole.

Wellllll, if it you perform it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEnc5s6O3wg, you can.

:) They don't show how to do this on the instructions, but it's not too hard to piece together. The way it is performed above takes the trick to a whole new level.

Enjoy!
Barry
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
What is the difficulty level?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Very minimal. The only thing you have to know how to do is a false transfer at the end and the heat isn't on you at all.
gordmer
View Profile
New user
Ontario, Canada
15 Posts

Profile of gordmer
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 13:19, Barry Daugherty wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 15:36, Nico Zottos wrote:
Chris,

Wellllll, if it you perform it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEnc5s6O3wg, you can.

:) They don't show how to do this on the instructions, but it's not too hard to piece together. The way it is performed above takes the trick to a whole new level.

Enjoy!
Barry

Barry can you give me an idea of how you think he does this... definitely more effective... I just bought this (not received yet) you can email me.... gordmerritt@hotmail.com... thanks in advance.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this, and it is really tremendous! However, I am working on a couple things and I could use some help:

1. I want to do the performance more like Luchen in the video from the link above. Anyone with this effect knows that this is not taught on the DVD. Also, I want to use two jokers as the outer cards and I want to reuse these same Jokers for each performance, so they would already have holes punched in them. So, I am trying to work out the best way to perform it this way. Any suggestions would be welcome, you can PM me if more appropriate. The obstacle for me at this point is figuring out how to make it look like I am punching a hole in the card between the jokers.

2. I am trying to come up with some patter idea. I like for effects to have some sort of entertaining/humorous patter, not just "Check this out... and check this out..." I am thinking about a patter that starts with a little explanation of where the phrase "Jokers wild" comes from, show the two jokers with holes punched in them, have them select a card, line up all three cards with their card in the middle, punch a hole through the middle card, put the bolt through all three cards, have them sign their selected card, and then have the hole in the card move from one end to the other. I welcome any suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have worked out the main bugs for the routine.

My routine uses a free selection of a card, not a force card. I think it is better than the Luchen performance which appeared to be a force card. In my routine, they can select any card from a face up spread and they can change their mind. Everything is handed out for examination immediately after and the whole thing is instantly reset.

Also, FYI, because they are signing the back of the card, I have found that having them sign with a gold or silver sharpie stands out much better.

I have found that when I am performing this for someone who is knowledgeable about magic, it is so baffling that their mind plays tricks on them regarding how they remember the effect. I find this to be a negative because their mind just shuts off to what just happened. I have had to slow down and make sure they are remembering that they signed the opposite side of the card from where the bolt goes through it. I find that it is also important that the hole penetrates the writing. Sometimes they sign above the hole. In this case, I underline their signature, through to the point where I am going to move the hole.

If anyone is working with this effect, I would still like to bounce an idea. I'm trying to decide whether it is important that they see the middle card being hole punched or not.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am also trying to decide between two methods, an altered version of what they taught on the DVD or an entirely different method I came up with.

Please PM me if you are working with this effect.

KJ
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have this also.A excellant effect.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hole Surprise (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL