The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thought of Cards across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Which do you like best and why?
For example, RED SEA PASSOVER because the thought of card travels from a red packet into a blue.
cybermoley
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of cybermoley
Strange Travellers.... Really good and has people gasping everytime it is performed.
Simple and straight forward..
Also found it very easy to add to a deck and just perform it without any heat on the deck!
I also found no one ever wanted to see or examine the cards but this could be down to my audience management
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I second strange travellers
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
These are both excellent effects in their own right. Paul Harris has massaged Strange Travelers into a crystal clear moment of astonishment. The effect is ideal for walk-around and casual situations. It could be performed in a show, but Red See Passover is a better choice for that. Aronson's routine is a showpiece. It really wouldn't be the best choice for casual situations, in my opinion, even though it does reset.

The beautiful thing about Red See Passover is the absolute scientific-like test conditions under which it is performed. And you can emphasize these conditions throughout. Everything is extremely open and clean and there are some 3 or 4 climaxes within the trick. It's multi-orgasmic! When the red card appears in the blue pile it's a real shocker!
It's all in the reflexes.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Although I'm not at all familiar with Strange Travelers or Red Sea Passover, I have done other cards-across routines in the past.

I'd like to know if either of these two effects (or something similar) can possibly be done with jumbo cards.

TED
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Astral Projection by Jay Sankey is good, IMHO>
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-09-24 19:50, TedLashley wrote:
Although I'm not at all familiar with Strange Travelers or Red Sea Passover, I have done other cards-across routines in the past.

I'd like to know if either of these two effects (or something similar) can possibly be done with jumbo cards.

TED

For RSP, they are 12 custom-made, special gaffed cards. If you can get jumbo custom-made ones, then it'd work. Perhaps send an email to Simon Aronson for his input.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
Try Thoughts Across by David Solomon. Available at your favorite magic dealer. Here's a Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_lfPdEnlM
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Where is Strange Travellers in print, AoA?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
@John,
What are the advantages of Thoughts Across vs RSP or StrangeTravelers or CrossedThoughts?
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those other versions, so I wouldn't be able to compare them.

Thoughts Across gives three individuals the chance to mentally select a card, then to have a fourth spectator deal the three traveled selections onto the table.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
After watching demos of Strange travelers the magicians are revealing the secret. Pretty sad IMHO. I'd do a H*** **** instead of the move in the demos.
Seems like Thought Across is exactly the same effect as Daryl's crossed thoughts though Daryl's presentation takes it to another level.Additionally, ST does not require the necessity to move the top card to the bottom so why not have them count them twice?
On the other hand, the idea of the card jumping to a packet of another color to me eliminates the idea of a false count and adds an extra moment of astonishment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thought of Cards across (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL