The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Unusual Nest? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vaughn Ver Steegt
View Profile
New user
Janesville, Iowa
56 Posts

Profile of Vaughn Ver Steegt
I was surprised last night when I took the doves out of the dove to rabbit box. In the bottom of the box was an egg. Sorry but I can't tie up the dove to rabbit box for the next three weeks waiting for her to hatch that egg. Has anyboey else found eggs in unsusal places?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
First of all, are you sure the dove has mated? If not, then there is no reason why you can't throw the egg away. If she has, you can move the egg to a nest very carefully and she might continue to sit on it. Of course, a lot depends on whether or not you need this dove for your act or if you have a back up.

As to unusual place for an egg, I've had them laid in my dove pocket once. One laid the egg in my wife's hand. I've never had one lay an egg in a prop though. When it's time, it's time and it doesn't matter where they are.
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hey Dave! Its funny you should say that. This past weekend, I had a dove lay an egg inside my Dove Display! I didn't know it was there, but a child came up to see the doves and said "Hey, There's an egg in there!". I glanced in and sure enough, there was an egg. not sure which one did it, but will find out soon when one of the cages only has one egg in it. All the kids came up to see the egg and so it actually outshined the rabbit! *haha* They kept yelling, "Turn it into a dove, turn it into a dove!" The parents found it humorous, but you are right, when it happens, it happens... I've had them lay in the carriers too.

Vaughn, there will be a second pretty soon so keep an eye out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Unusual Nest? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL