The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Woo Pig Sooieee from Arkansas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
My Hogs aren't doing too well this year, but the silver lining is that the time I would ordinarily spend on obsessing over them I can now use for feeding my new magic habit.

We've got a great IBM Ring here (Ring 29, Little Rock) and I'm making a lot of new friends. We've also got a great shop, Mr. Magic, and they are very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm looking forward to getting involved in a new community, and have already found a great deal of useful information on these boards while lurking.

I'm what you might call a "hobbyist" of magic--I'm not looking or intending to change my vocation, but am looking to magic as an avocation. I find the psychology of the effects and the effects themselves fascinating, and am having a hard time waiting to learn more.

See you on these boards.

GHG!
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Welcome to the Magic Café.

What's your newest purchase? Latest trick?
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hi GHG:

Welcome to the Café!

Jim
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Welcome, GHG. Forget the hogs and start learning. Better yet, design a show around producing piglets.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Let me give you an SEC welcome.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
Thank you, JROB for the SEC welcome. I hope all goes well this weekend.

In response to the Magician's apprentice, my last purchase was an invisible deck combined with a Magic Maker's DVD on the deck, a half-dollar shell, and an inexpensive little trick called "Nickels to dimes" that my kids really like. I'm going to buy another (at $5.00 a pop it's too cheap not to) as I've seen a very good routine using two.

Just so there's no confusion, and because these Boards are so international, an explanation may be in order. For those that don't know, the "hogs" I'm speaking of are not actual pigs, but the American college football team the Arkansas Razorbacks. Woooo Pig Sooieee is our, for lack of a better word, fight "chant", and "GHG" stands for "Go Hogs Go!"

Anyway, glad to be here.

GHG!

Gill
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I’m Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 09:45, SergeStorms wrote:
Thank you, JROB for the SEC welcome. I hope all goes well this weekend.

Just so there's no confusion, and because these Boards are so international, an explanation may be in order. For those that don't know, the "hogs" I'm speaking of are not actual pigs, but the American college football team the Arkansas Razorbacks. Woooo Pig Sooieee is our, for lack of a better word, fight "chant", and "GHG" stands for "Go Hogs Go!"

Anyway, glad to be here.

GHG!

Gill

That's one of the reasons I refrain from just saying, "Go 'Cocks". Not everybody appreciates that it is short for "Gamecocks"
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Hello! Welcome to the forums.

It is good to see another new person joining the magic community. Steve Brooks has a great site here and the community is very helpful. There is a lot of knowledge and skill within these pages.

Magic has been such an important part of my own personal life - from when I started performing and into when I decided to launch my own online magic store (www.magicvault.net). With so many things in life to push magic into the background (tv, work, sports, ect..) it is good to see more and more people discovering this "art".

Again, welcome... feel free to drop me a private message just to chat - I love building my network of magic contacts!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2008-09-30 11:40, SergeStorms wrote:
My Hogs aren't doing too well this year....

Yeah, they aren't doing so well because you sent Houston Nutt across the river!!

I moved to the Memphis area (north MS) about three and a half years ago. I was active in Ring 29. I haven't been to the magic store in quite a while (I make frequent trips to Little Rock on weekends). I keep trying to make it in for meetings, but my schedule never seems to work out. Oh well, eventually, I'll make it to the magic store! The only magic store in Memphis has discontinued magic except for the novelties.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Woo Pig Sooieee from Arkansas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL