The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine starring in Jackass Part 3?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Before I start, I think David Blaine is a living legend and the greatest thing to happen to magic since Houdini and I believe that he will be remembered in the same way.

Having said THAT, his specials are losing their magic-ness over the years and gaining a Jackass-ness? What do I mean I hear someone hark down the back...

The stomach punches, the famous bullet catch (there was nothing magic about it compared to bullet catches of magic history? He just had a cup in his mouth with a mouth support behind it and kept still.... no magic, no mystery?), the hanging upside down, freezing himself in ice, eating a snake, jumping from a height into boxes, hanging upside down, starving himself while staying in a box living with his own "bodily waste", holding his breath, spinning in a gyroscope....

These are all things you might see on an episode of Jackass are they not? Ok some of them might be a bit more impressive in terms of length but... It's just the same old entertainment caused by someone else's pain?

Remember when he came out first and set the world alight with his fresh take on magic? Where is that guy gone?

Just a rant!

Bring back original Blaine with the actual magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine starring in Jackass Part 3?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL