The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bill in lemon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
What do you know about the bill in lemon by Yigal
Magnus
View Profile
New user
Brazil
52 Posts

Profile of Magnus
Isn't it on Bill Malone's video On the Loose vol 2?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I owned it a while back (until I bought "The Lemon Game" by Malloy Magic!), and it's a pretty clever, workable idea. I personally didn't like having to walk around "set up" like that, but for what it does, it's pretty darn good. Signed bill ends up inside the lemon, and it's inside the little drawstring bag. Pretty strong (but NOT as strong as "The Lemon Game"!

Steve Thomas
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yigal Mesika's Signed Bill to Lemon is NOT on Bill Malone’s video/DVD! Bill has his own version that does NOT use Yigal’s gimmick.

Do a search on Bill to Lemon and you will find many of the versions discussed (including Yigal’s).

That said, you will find that Yigal’s version does exactly what it advertises. A signed bill is found in the middle of a lemon. You get several items with this version. You get a device that prepares the lemon, a clever gimmick that holds the lemon in ready, a cloth bag, and a decent routine.

There are literally dozens of versions of bill into lemon on the market and in they all do basically the same thing. Some are more angle proof than others, some use the most elementary of gimmicks, and some are entire routines in and of themselves.

I tend to use one of three different versions depending on the venue (two have been discussed on another bill to lemon thread). The one most used right now is a no-gimmick and no-advance preparation version. It only requires that I have a borrowed, signed bill (any denomination), a piece of fruit (can be borrowed or found at the venue), and a knife. That’s it. I will do this as an impromptu bit at a house party where all the items can be borrowed.

Yes, the bill ends up inside the fruit and is taken out by the spectator.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I wouldn't pay $100 for Mesika's version, because it can be done as well without the gimmick. The Lemon Game is, in my opinion, the best version of bill in lemon on the market. Here's a few reasons why:
1. It is a whole routine
2. There is a reason why the bill ends up in the lemon in the first place. It is not just: "Here I have a lemon..."
3. The lemon that contains the bill is chosen by the spectator.
4. At the end of the routine they keep the lemon and there is nothing to be found!

I agree it is very expensive, but for a working magician it is money very well spent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bill in lemon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL