The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Harbin chair levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Please explain me,how work this illusion,only effect,"Harbin chair levitation".May be this illusion was previous before "Pole levitation",but not move up and down?Thanks for the describe of this illusion effect! Serg.

Click here to view attached image.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
I too am interested in this effect.

Mark
Mark Daniel
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
This is not a forum to explain workings or secrets
as it is public and can be googled by anyone.

You may ask this post be moved to the Secret Sessions section,
but I still don't think anyone will give you the secret just for curiosity’s sake.

Walt
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I don't guess I knew that Harbin had a chair levitation. I knew of the suspension.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
He is not asking for the secret or method, but rather what happens in the effect.
-Matt
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
The one I own allows me to sit in the chair and at a given time rise about 12-18 inches depending on your chair. The chair is not removed as you rise above it and back down.

I do a "light as a feather" routine allowing two spectators to hold my hand as I rise. Nice effect.

It does have its drawbacks but ive found ways to overcome them.

The design in the photo posted, to me, is not very well done. The back seems questionable.
andyleeroy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of andyleeroy
...what you mean is a chair levitation by yogano...this one is made by roy shank and totally different story. you can ask him and he will tell you whats happened....
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The effect is that you sit on the chair and you levitate high in the air using Harbins super simplex levitation system.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Thank you, so it is similar in EFFECT (which it was serg and myself were interested in, re-read serg's post) to a Yogano.

Thanks for the information.

Mark
Mark Daniel
ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
There is no such effect as the Harbin Chair Levitation!
In 'Magic of Robert Harbin,' he has a Super X Plus wherein the supports are moved away as in the Blaney effect. Pages 47 to 51.
Then on pages 53 to 59 he explains his 'Harbin's Chair Siuspension'.This is as the normal 2 chair Suspension but Harbin allows the supporting board to fall to the floor thus leaving the spectator suspend on her neck on one chair.
There is the Super Simplex Levitatiion on pages 67 to 69. This was created for the TV series, Randall & Hopkirk Deceased. In it once the lady has floated upwards, the backcloth behind her, can also be raised to show there is nothing behind it.
It is however only possible on a Theatre stage.

The chair suspension talked about here, I think, is either the Yogano one or the Christian Fectner Stool levitation.

Allen Tipton UK
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Thanks to Videokideo,and Rafael for the description effect,and of course mr.Allen Tipton for the complete answer!!!,and Matthew for the(support) understanding.Walt Anthony,please study read,especially english is your native language. Serg.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
I so sorry,mr.Tipton do you have e-mail? Or how I can p.m you?May be you can p.m me,thanks. Serg.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Harbin chair levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL